Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leonardsmalls

Beyond The Call of Duty

leonardsmalls
14 years ago

Our late 2008 pool build is documented here:

Linky Thing: Leonardsmalls Pool Build

but this thread is about what has happened recently between us and our PB, Pearland Pools.

About 2 months ago I sent this picture:

to our PB along with the explanation that the sides of the spillover never seemed to dry out completely.

About a month ago they came out and found that the problem in the spa was the result of a leak in the grout line between the tile and the flagstone cap of the spillover. They sawed out the grout line and redid it ... and the "always wet" spillover was no more. While the PB was here I also pointed out that a section of the pool deck seemed to be separating and raising from the existing flagstone patio.

After they discussed options with their decking subcontractor they came back out and broke out the entire pool deck and replaced it.

They poured the new deck a couple of weeks ago. Earlier this week, after it cured sufficiently, they resurfaced it with Kool Deck.

and today they repainted and recaulked it.

Keep in mind, our pool was completed over a year ago. Although I did express a concern about the deck separation, there was NO push on my part. It's sure nice to have a PB who believes in doing things right.

Comments (8)