Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opening super green gunite pool, in area w/ very high water table

Posted by etbrown4 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 25, 14 at 18:34

I don't have the test readings on the water yet, but man do I have a green one this year!

Ideally I'd prefer to drain the water, however our water table is just a few feet below the ground surface. Don't want to float the pool!

Trying to vacuum this one will likely plug the sand filter in just a few seconds.

Curious what others have found to work with extreme algae upon opening.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opening super green gunite pool, in area w/ very high water t

Our first Long Island , New York home had a vinyl lined 20 x40 inground pool that was left to the elements for over three years. The home was rented to college students at one time who swung from the LR window into the pool. The pool had amphibians, leaves, cement blocks and a black green belly of the beast appearance. Omg the pool gave off a horrible odor on top of the muck and algae on everything. The pool water was never emptied. The bicycles, cinder blocks, twigs, leaves, rocks, mice, toads and several what in the world is this item were removed. Within a week we had crystal clear water just by adding shock and bicarbonate.

o
RE: Opening super green gunite pool, in area w/ very high water t

Only thing to do is to... Shock and Awe!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here