Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
runnergirl227

Tiled Tanning Ledge

Runnergirl227
10 years ago

We have just started our pool build. Our pool builder shot elevations and marked out the outline of the pool yesterday. We are doing a 18 X 38 rectangular pool with a 8 X 16 tanning ledge centered on one of the long sides. I would like to tile this tanning ledge with glass tiles. I am leaning towards the small square mosaic blue tiles. Anyone, have anything similar? Wondering how slippery it might be. I have one friend who also tiled their tanning ledge and he seems to think its ok and not too slippery. Thanks!

Comments (2)

• poolprincess
    10 years ago

We did ours with Sicis Italian tiles and LOVE it!!! Just get the right grout. Sicis makes an amazing blueâ¦you can order samples which I recommend.

• poolprincess
    10 years ago

Here's a link for youâ¦.these look SO much better in person and SO much better when completed. We did our tile in beige and the iridescence and sheen of the tile just sparkles in the sun. So worth the upgrade. You should be able to get samples for the tile to see what color looks best. Also use Litokol grout which is what Sicis recommends in the starlite-clear.

Again, these look so much better in personâ¦.

We were able to find the tile for about $17.00 online so make sure you shop around.

http://www.mosaictileusa.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=SicisIridium&Sort_By=disp_order&Store_Code=MT&CatListingOffset=15&Offset=15