Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drjay71_gw

Please show me your flat yard pools

drjay71
15 years ago

We are trying really hard to come up with a nice pool design with some "wow" factor for our very flat yard here in Texas. I find myself jealous of those who have downsloping yards because I love the negative edge pools. I also love the pools and decks that are lower compared to the house. I even think it would be nice to have an upsloping yard as you could do some very creative things and it helps with privacy.

I would love to see pools (esp. "high end" pools) or designs out there made for flat yards.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (24)

• sceadu
    15 years ago

Without goin into detail Drjay, I would love the oportunity to help you out. Feel free to email me directly. I am in the Atlanta market so I am not trying to solicit a pool build from but we might be able to do some tradeing.

4fiddy@gmail.com

• keithintx
    15 years ago

drjay, I am in Texas and worked with a flat yard as well. It is a challenge. I posted some pictures of our pool build.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pool Build Begins

• sandrasmith140
    15 years ago

Here is our build on a flat yard. Visual interest was added with the stone and raised spa.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pool Build

• drjay71
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thanks for the responses so far

• bella-orlando
    15 years ago

Here is a link to a photo galley of my personal pool. We have VERY flat yard here in Orlando Florida. You can view any pool in my gallery and they are 95% flat yards. You could also search any other Florida pool builder on Google and I am sure you will come up with more that enough ideas since florida is so flat.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Pool In Orlando Florida

• donaldv
    15 years ago

You might want to consider raising the pool up higher in the yard and incorporating a vanishing edge.

• drjay71
    Original Author
    15 years ago

To any of the experienced pool builders or designers out there, I have a question. Do you think the following pool could be built on a flat yard? Would you be able to use dirt to help enhance the topography to minimize the amount of retaining wall needed?

Our yard

• poolguynj
    15 years ago

That pool is in a flat yard.

• just-a-pb
    15 years ago

Something like that would totally fit in your back yard.
    Here are a few reverse neg edge pools I have done.

{{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• drjay71
    Original Author
    15 years ago

just a pb

could you post or email more pics of the pool you did whose picture is the third from the top? my email is

jaynishpatel@aol.com

Thanks!

• leonardsmalls
    15 years ago

Here's what we wound up with ...

• just-a-pb
    15 years ago

Here you go.
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• drjay71
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks just-a-pb! VERY nice!

• sdkath
    15 years ago

WOW, WOW, WOW! Wish I saw these before our design. Spectacular. Makes me want to move to AZ. :)

Katherine

• just-a-pb
    15 years ago

Thank you,
    I think everyone should leave the snow and move to Scottsdale, and of course build a pool.

• drjay71
    Original Author
    15 years ago

just-a-pb,

could you email or post the basic specs on this pool?

• sdkath
    15 years ago

Well, it's hard to leave San Diego weather for AZ, but I sure like to visit and go eat least 2x per year. :)

Our pool build link is below (also on a flat lot). Note the substantially smaller yard you get in So Cal. :)

Katherine

Here is a link that might be useful: San Diego Sunshine Pool Build

• stjohnrocks
    15 years ago

To just-a-pb those are fantastic pools. I agree Arizona is awesome. Dreaming here, a pool like these in Sedona...heaven To the original poster, nice house!

• mikethepoolguy
    15 years ago

A+, but take the floaters out before taking pictures.

• houseful
    15 years ago

Yup, AZ is great! Unless, of course, you encounter one of these!

This was in my filter basket. FYI, the bigger they are the less dangerous for some reason.

Here is our (modest by some standards ;>D ) pool on a fairly flat yard. It was a gradual slope up, so we just added steps. The link below shows plans of what the final project will look like.

Here is a link that might be useful: more pics

• just-a-pb
    15 years ago

Mike,
    These arent my professional pics, I just snapped a few why I was over there. I always wait 30days to start up salt, so there are the floaters.

Houseful,
    He's cute.
    The young ones have less control so they give you all their venom, older ones hold back so they can hit you many times.

• houseful
    15 years ago

Just-a-pb, are you from back East, by chance?

I didn't know the small ones were necessarily young. I thought they were different "breeds" or whatever.

Also, I forgot to tell you what gorgeous pools you build. I am dying to know the name of your company. Can you email it to me? desertoasis09@gmail.com

I'll understand if you don't want to share the info.

• natural_one
    15 years ago

^I know I know!! hahaha. nice pools by the way. I'll round up some flat yard pics.

• houseful
    15 years ago

How did you figure it out? And can you tell me? Pretty please? I have no motive; I'm just nosy!