Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terryibra

pool just got pebbletec today!

terryibra
14 years ago

really excited. the pool just got pebble tec midnight blue put in. they acid wash it tomorrow and we fill with water! thank god this is finally over!! Anyway, I did not see them put the shells in but they said they did. is it in the mix? I thought they threw it on like seeding.

Comments (16)

• jeff_jeff
    14 years ago

You won't see the shells until they acid wash. In my case I thought they forgot to add them or did not add enough, but after a few days of brushing I started seeing more and more.

I would do a thorough inspection once they acid wash and before they fill. They need to come back and drain my pool and re-acid wash as there are spots all over the bottom and it looks awful when it is cloudy or at night with the light on.

• terryibra
    Original Author
    14 years ago

my pebble finish looks great! It looks exactly the same as when I purchased it. I am brushing it everyday and wondering what is the point? The surface is hard as a rock and there is no haze or residual plaster.

• poolguynj
    14 years ago

If there is no dust raised when brushing, you can reduce the frequency. Continue to watch the chems.

Scott

• paradigmdawg
    14 years ago

The regional PT manager came out when my PT was being applied. I asked him about brushing it and he said it didn't really matter. I asked him what he would do if it was his pool and he said "brush it once and then go swimming".

• terryibra
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks! I was getting tired of brushing the pool in 40 degree weather.

• John Fitzpatrick
    14 years ago

On the other thread about heating costs, it was mentioned that the pool should sit for 30 days with water before turning on the heater or salt generator. Based on the PT manager's comment, is this really necessary?

• paradigmdawg
    14 years ago

If you are asking me, I don't know as I don't have a heater. I would assume you need to wait 30 days so the plaster has a good chance of properly curing.

As far as salt, 30 days is the common rule but PT said sooner would not hurt anything. They added mine at day 17.

• terryibra
    Original Author
    14 years ago

PT installer told me 10 days to turn on heater and 30 days for chemical. I don't think there is a definitive answer however. I think the theoretical problem is with plaster dust and the coils of the heater. I can tell you that there is no visible plaster dust and the water is crystal clear after a couple days of running the filter.

• terryibra
    Original Author
    14 years ago

PT installer told me 10 days to turn on heater and 30 days for chemical. I don't think there is a definitive answer however. I think the theoretical problem is with plaster dust and the coils of the heater. I can tell you that there is no visible plaster dust and the water is crystal clear after a couple days of running the filter.

• monsoon99
    14 years ago

We are getting our pool drained (from recent rain water) and plastered tomorrow with pebbletec (midnight blue) when I came across this post. I will speak to the contractor but can someone explain a little more in detail what is expected after the pool is filled with water. As with the original poster, we too have a salt system, a water heater and solar pool heater. How long do we have to wait before we can use the pool? Anything I should be aware of before the plastering is done. Thanks.

• diyspa
    14 years ago

Terryibra, what made you switch from Pyramid to Pebble Tec? We are putting in a spa only and thought Pebble Tec even Pebble Sheen are too rough. Pyramid appeared to have the stone look but with a smooth surface.

Thanks,

DIYSPA

• terryibra
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Diyspa,
    we switched to PT because my wife and I thought the pebble finish looked far superior and we felt the upfront cost was worth it. That is not a knock on Pyramid , any exposed aggregate surfaces will not look like a pebble finish. The big thing that changed our minds was actually seeing pools with both finishes. My wife and I felt there was no comparison when we saw the finishes in person.

• hbmeaux_gmail_com
    12 years ago

I had my salt water pool almost a year. I took the cover off from the winter. We followed the chemicals and vac. as instructed but I have lighter circle areas at the bottom of the pool; which is pebble tech. I called the pool installer and they said it would go away, the pool was still curing and new. I am not sure of this. I am open to comments and guidance. thank you. The pool installer did send someone out to check chemicals and look at it. .

• poolguynj
    12 years ago

Well, it's not curing much anymore. I would be interested in seeing the rings and your chem test results with a proper test kit.

Scott