Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No Chlorine from an Aqua Rite SWG

Posted by nick_shirley (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 19, 11 at 17:01

My Aqua Rite generator (purchased and installed in February 2009) appears to be producing no chlorine. According to repeated testing over the past month by Leslie�s, I have zero FAC and TAC. My home testing confirms the same, even when the water is taken directly from the output end of the cell (I would slightly loosen the connection to get a small drip for collection) and at a time when the "Generating" light is on, no error lights are on, and the LCD display for cell voltage and current values are about what would be expected for generation.

Water testing by Leslie�s show correct chemistry (3000 salt, 7.4 pH, 40 CYA), values that have been about the same for the past few months. Condition of the cell is fine and clean of any deposits. Testing of the cell by Leslie�s on the Aqua Rite test stand on two recent occasions resulted in a "pass" grade both times.

I looked at the readings today on three occasions:
1) Avg. Salt: 3200, Temp: 61 degrees, Voltage: 25.9, Current: 3.41, Output: 85%, Instant Salt: 2100, Product: AL-0, Software: R 1.40.
2) Avg. Salt: 3200, Temp: 61 degrees, Voltage: 25.2, Current: 5.21, Output: 85%, Instant Salt: 3400, Product: AL-0, Software: R 1.40.
2) Avg. Salt: 3200, Temp: 61 degrees, Voltage: 25.4, Current: 4.88, Output: 85%, Instant Salt: 3100, Product: AL-0, Software: R 1.40.

Conditions here in Palm Springs for the past few months have been mild, with night temps in the low 50s and day temps in the upper 60s to mid 70s. Water temp has been about 61 for quite some time. The pump flow rate sufficient to turn my 19,000 gallon pool over once a day. The generator is on for 9 hours each day, usually at 60% output but since the low chlorine was detected a month ago, it has been at 85%. No error lights have been on during this time. Nevertheless, there is basically no chlorine production.

So what is the problem?

Thanks!

Nick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No Chlorine from an Aqua Rite SWG

Bet it thinks the water too cold. Check the instantaneous voltage, current and salt levels when it's on.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here