Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicoletti58

Spa blower problem

nicoletti58
13 years ago

I have a pool and spa combination withe one pump running the pool, spa, and waterfall. Also a booster pump for the cleaner. About a year ago I had the whole deck redone and new tile inside and around the pool with new plaster put in as well. Since then my blower motor for the spa has not worked as it did before (pool company says coincidence). When the pool pump is in pool mode and you turn the blower on the bubbles appear in the spa with a great deal of force. But when you put the pool pump in spa only mode the blower no longer produces the same amount of bubbling, almost non existent.

In trying to fix this problem the pool company came out and blew out the line from the blower to spa, with nothing appearring in spa and no effect on the problem. While I took the motor off the pipe one day to have a look while the pump was running in spa only I noticed water coming up the pipe and overflowing. I have read about a hartford loop and am not sure there is one installed (The motor sits about 35 ft from the spa). Does anyone have any advice as to what my problem may be? I don't want to buy a new blower motor if thats not the problem and I am hoping i will not have to dig up pipe to install a loop either. Any advice is much appreciated!

Michael

Comments (5)