Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dshlaw

About to begin new pool construction in Mississippi

dshlaw
13 years ago

I just signed the pool construction contract and dirt work should begin next week. Thanks all on this forum and at PoolSpaForum for the great advice that has gotten me this far. I welcome your continuing advice now and throughout construction. These are excerpts from my contract:

L-shaped, gunite/plaster "play pool": main part 15' x 32', depth 3.5' to 4.5' to 3.5'; short part will be 8' x 16', including an 8' x 8' spa with in-pool spa walls.

coping antique brick (double layer)

deck broom-finished concrete with brick borders and expansion joints

2 skimmers, 3 returns in pool

2" plumbing to/from pool and 2.5" plumbing to/from spa

Pool Equipment:

2 hp Hayward pressure pump for spa, model no. SP3015x20AZ

1hp, 120v Air Supply blower for spa, model no.6310120

3/4hp Hayward Super II pool pump, model no. SP3007EEAZ

Polaris 280 pressure side cleaner with booster pump

Hayward 400,000 BTU heater, model no. H400FDN

Hayward 27" Sand Filter, model no. S270T2

Hayward/Goldline AquaPlusCC Controls plus Chlorination with Hayward Aqua Pod remote control (programmed to control spa jets/blower, spa heater, spa and pool lights, and deck jets)

Hayward ColorLogic LED pool light and spa light

Six (6) deck jets

Two (2) volleyball deck inserts

Eight (8) spa return jets (Waterway Poly Storm) as follows: six located 7" above seat level; 2 located 12" above floor in seat wall

Maintenance Kit (including leaf skimmer, vac head, Taylor Complete Test Kit K-2006, 18" brush, vac hose and telepole)

Startup: Owner shall furnish water during construction and for the filling of the pool when completed. Contractor shall furnish necessary chemicals for placing the pool in operation. Contractor shall conduct all necessary plaster curing startup procedures, except that Owner will do the pool brushing during the startup period, and Contractor shall make the pool chemically balanced at the end of the startup period including adding the salt and starting the salt chlorine generation system.

Again, I welcome any additional advice, ESPECIALLY before construction begins. Thanks!

Comments (3)