Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How warm does the water on a tanning ledge get?

Posted by tlvancouver (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 15:24

We are building a pool that has a large tanning ledge spanning the length of the pool (6 by 24) so that we have some water that will warm up when we're in AZ in the winter (we have a heater but may not use it all the time).

The question is about the summer - knowing that pools get warm, how uncomfortably warm is the water likely to get on the ledge or will the infloor cleaner move the water enough to keep it cooler?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How warm does the water on a tanning ledge get?

As long as the in floor system is on, the pool and shelf will be the same temperature. I urge a wall return be placed there too as floor systems are often not on more than a couple hours per day.

Scott

o

Thanks Scott, according to the builder it's not deep enough for a wall return. I'm not sure how deep it has to be?

o

Mine is only about 8 inches deep. We have a return right in the middle of this 8 inches. It also helps to clean that area, since the water stays moving.

o

I don't think you'd want any less than 8" of water..and 8" is more than enough for a wall return.

You want some type of circulation up there to keep it from getting too dirty.

tony c

Here is a link that might be useful: www.monogramcustompools.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here