|My pool keeps losing water, and I can't seem to find where. It's not at the pump. How can I find the leak?|
|Usually the first thing to ask is how much are you losing? Is there any air in the returns? In the pump? |
@PoolCenter, you can modify your profile to allow people to email you through GardenWeb.
Don't point people to your web site. I am offended by this. Feel free to message me. As a courtesy to others, lets keep what I have to say about that off line.
|I must know.|
Use a 5 gallon plastic bucket to find out if you have a leak. Fill the bucket 3/4+ with water and set it on the top step. Mark the inside water level of the bucket, then mark the outside water level of the pool on the bucket. Check the difference in 24 hours. This is how much your pool leaks per day. 1/4" per day is considered normal in the industry.
The easiest way to actual locate the leak is to turn off the equipment and let the pool leak down until it stops. If it stops at the bottom of the tile then check the tile and grout looking closely inside the skimmer and skimmer throat. If the water stops at the light then look closely around the light niche and/or conduit coming into the light niche. Same for the return lines.
Once you isolate the level, it's a little easier to handle. With this info it's a little easier to call a pro for repair and get action too.
It was a perfectly done Homer Simpson, but when it posted it messed it all up. So much for art.
|I thought it was homer simpson. |
Ascii art is so 1990.
|I suspect jade was shilling for PoolCenter. Not his first time to the rodeo. If they do it again, I will report them. This site is paid for by advertising. I doubt GW is their cut. |
|Long live Ascii art. |
Here is a Valentine for you.
Hope it works
If not I give up.
___xxx pass xxxxxx___xxxxxxxxxxxxx
___xxxxxxx the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
_____xxxxxxxxx heart xxxxxxxxxxx
_________xxxx to xxxxxxxxxxx
_____________xxxxx all x
__x about x
____xx the xx
Return to the Pools & Spas Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.