Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
On ground pools

Posted by ace66 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 14:24

New here. Looking for opinions with Onground pools. I don't see much info here on these types of pools. My local pool store is strongly pushing to go with this type of pool. He said I can have it fully inground but with significant cost savings. Also, the pool is fully insulated sides and bottom thus almost eliminating the need for a heater. He also said you can have a deep end but obviously cheaper to just keep it at 52 inches deep throughout which I'm ok with.

The quote I received is about $7G's cheaper than an inground. Anyone have any thoughts or personal experience with On ground pools ?

I live in Eastern Ontario. Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: On ground pools

We have several around here..I really think you should do some homework on this one. They are no where near the quality of a inground vinyl liner pool as far as the walls and constuction. Does the quote include decking? I would not let them put one of these completely underground look up the manufacturers site and read the fine print..

Rusty

o

Thanks for the feedback Rusty. I agree about doing my homework on this one, which is what I've been trying to do the past couple weeks but its hard to find much info on these pools. I'm assuming because their somewhat new. The price I was given did not include decking. We wanted to do stone around the pool thus the desire to have it fully "inground". With the lack of responses here I think its safe to say not many are familiar with these pools which doesn't make me feel any better about moving forward.

o

What brand are you looking at? Kayak is one. Most of the time these pools are seen in very hilly yards. If your inground quote included concrete than there may be your 5-7k differance.. see link below

Rusty

Here is a link that might be useful: Kayak onground pools

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here