Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beltlinech

UltraGuard . . . I think I'm a believer

beltlinech
16 years ago

I have a 25-year-old pool that needs reconditioning. At first I was considering painting it until I heard the horror stories. Then I had a replastering job bid, and was leaning in that direction. Then, from this forum, I learned about UltraGuard (www.poolrestoration.com). I think this sounds like an excellent alternative.

When researching UltraGuard, I came upon a story written about a year ago on the small township of Shippensburg Borough, PA. The town was faced with the possibility of having to shut down the community pool because it was leaking so badly and repairs, along with resurfacing, would have cost more than the budget allowed. The story said town officials learned about UltraGuard. That's where the story left off, saying that the town was leaning in that direction.

Well, today I called a city council member and the town's parks manager to ask what they had decided to do. They went with UltraGuard. They prepped the pool, put down you coat of sealant and two coats of UltraGuard. They said they've been "amazed" at the results. Come April they will be draining the pool to apply one more coat of UltraGuard (the bought enough for three coats, but had to fill the pool before applying the third coat because the pool was scheduled to open for the summer). I told then I would call again after they drained the pool just to get an up-close idea of how the resurfacing held up.

Would love to hear if others among you have a first-hand experience.

Comments (2)