Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to put LED lights

Posted by dshlaw (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 18, 11 at 12:50

I am planning to put two led lights in my L-shaped pool pictured below. The short part of the L (16' x 8') will contain an in-pool spa (8' x 8') and steps in the other half. The picture is taken from my house to show the pool orientation. Where would you place the 2 in-pool lights?

Hole Dug

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to put LED lights

Facing away from the house is usually best. Then you won't get blinded.

I assume you have one in the pool and one in the spa.

Scott

o

Actually, I am placing 2 in the pool and 1 in the spa. And I am wondering how to place the 2 in the pool to best evenly distribute the light in the pool and steps area, while also not blinding people in the house or the spa.

o

Pool, one in the deep, facing away from the house. On on the wall next to the spa facing to our right as we look at the pic.

Scott

o

I say one on the wall facing away from the house in the deep end and the other on the left hand side wall, same side as spa. That way it doesn't shine towards the spa. Maybe Scott is saying the same thing.

o

Yeppers! :-]]

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here