Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newport2001

Can pebbletec be exposed

newport2001
13 years ago

We have a pebbletec pool that just sprung a leak somewhere. We were going to let the water drop first to see where it stops. I was told when the pebble was installed that it has to be submerged. Is this true? If so, maybe we'll just return all the water to the spa to see if it's the return lines since the spa is not dropping and then go from there.

We are pretty technical and it will cost us $150+/hr for someone to do the same. I'd rather put the money toward repairing what is wrong.

Also there is tons of air in the return lines. From my experience that means air is getting in somewhere near the motor and piping over there. I could be wrong but I think there are 2 issues. We are losing about 3/4 to 1 1/4" per day so I would think with that much water loss I would see it over by the motor and piping if it was related to the air. This water loss is without the pump running also overnight.

If there are 2 issues, we can take care of the air. My husband is very technical and done this before better than the pool people, lol. I just hope this leak isn't something big. We just renovated the pool 10 months ago.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH