Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool cleaner

Posted by arbisi (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 4, 12 at 10:18

Hi all-it's been a while since I've been here! I am looking for a new suction pool cleaner to replace my old baracuda G3 it's been several years since I bought one so I am looking for advise on the newer models. Pool is inground gunite. Also looking for the best price for a new circuit board for my aqua-rite swg-would love to replace the whole system but don't think my tax refund will stretch that far. Pool was great the first 6 years but now everything is breaking :(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool cleaner

WRT to the circuit board, check no power dot com's site first. It may be a simple fix.

As for the cleaner, th pool cleaner at the link below should serve you well.

Scott

Here is a link that might be useful: The Pool Cleaner

o

IMO with 6 years on the cell. I would replace the whole system. You could use chlorine until you able to do it... I'm not much on suction cleaners but the new robotic ones seem to do well without having to drown the hose.

o

Have The Pool Cleaner 4x4...luv it!

o

Thanks for the replies. I think I have decided on the Baracuda MX8 pool cleaner. And rather than replace the circuit board on the aquarite I am going to replace the whole power supply so I can have the newer version and a 3 year warranty. I don't need the whole system since I had just replaced the cell about a year before the circuit board fried. I am assuming the cell should still be good- can I take it to a pool store and get it tested?

o

We have the Pool Cleaner 2 wheeler. It's OK, but here in the northeast it gets cogged with acorns and leaves ALL THE TIME. Maddening really. Does a good job on the small stuff. Maybe the 4 wheeler has a bigger suction port.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here