Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aluminum or paver coping in New Jersey

Posted by Speckledhen (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 29, 12 at 8:19

We are in the final stages of planing for our pool, and I have a question. Does anyone have an idea of what an aluminum coping for this size pool would cost? The pool is a 16x32 vinyl and we are being quoted $3500 for the paver coping. That seems really high considering the pool itself is in the low 20k range. I'm thinking about going for the aluminum coping, and saving the money to put towards the deck. Opinions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aluminum or paver coping in New Jersey

We had our pool installed 3 years ago in PA and I have the aluminum coping with paver walkway and patio area. I am satisfied and to thought the cost for paver coping was expensive. The only drawback with the aluminum is we have a solid winter safety cover and in a few places the tension ties have worn the paint from the aluminum. I just touch it up with rustoleum spray paint in the spring and all is well.

o

Can I ask what the difference in price was? That's what I'm trying to figure out. My PB is really pushing the paver coping, but at about 18% of the cost of the pool, I can't really justify the expense. I'm keeping my cards close to my chest with my PB so I want to get some real world numbers before I have to negotiate with him. Thanks!

o

I belive the cost difference was around $4000 above the cost of the pavers. Our pool company did not do the pavers, we hired a separate landscape company to install a significant retaining wall, deck pavers, stamped concrete patio, and outdoor lighting. Our pool is 16x34 in size, steel wall, vinyl liner with walk in steps and seat/bench.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here