Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crack in pebble tec

Posted by chillen_on_a_float (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 15, 08 at 6:07

Hey guys, I have a question. I have a crack in the pebble tec that was just applied, Its a hair line crack on a inside radius of a seat in the pool about 10" long. Im planning on putting this on the punch list. What can I expect in the way of repair? More of the epoxy the PB is putting everywhere to plug the leaks?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crack in pebble tec

I am surprised it was visible, how did you notice it? Can you post a picture. I am curious to see what it looks like.

o

One of the beauties of properly applied Pebble Tec is that it should be easy for a patch to match.

Ken

Here is a link that might be useful: This may help

o

I have a pebble tech pool that is 4 years old. I have raised cracks on the top steps on both sides of the pool. The company has gone bankrupt, and suggestions on how to fix them that won't be so costly? I do not think they are leaking any water out of the pool. We purchased the home 8 months ago, the house sat empty for a year, pretty sure the pool was empty & that maybe why its cracking? I did have a repair man come out, was going to be 750 to fix the 2 cracks, 6" & 12" long, with no warrenty so I want to try and fix them myself but have no clue on how to do it?

o

We are thinking of buying a house with a pebble tech pool. The outside top edge of the pebble tech looks like it has been breaking off in little pieces. Is this something that can be repaired only where it is happening - or does the pool have to be drained and resurfaced completely?

o

""" What can I expect in the way of repair? """

With a good applicator it should be a breeze, with a not quite so good applicator it could easily show worse.
If I had a hairline shrinkage crack on the inside radius of my seat I'd just ask to have in writing a voucher or guarantee that if down the road I decide I want it addressed that they (the applicator) will comp it.

"""I want to try and fix them myself but have no clue on how to do it? """

If these are crazing cracks or hairline shrinkage cracks I'd leave them as is. If they're larger than those I'd suggest not going it on your own. Call your local PebbleTec applicator and, warranty or no warranty, ask them to do it.
If you feel the price is to high and want to do it, post here and I'll walk you through it. Your repair would show as well as one that I would perform, it'll fall into the not quite so good category. I don't do plaster repairs for a living.

""" Is this something that can be repaired only where it is happening """

Yes.

See ya,
Kelly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here