Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quartzscapes - new resurfacing

Posted by Mermaid123 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 2:08

Hi all! First time exposed to this and have a quandary. Any comments on any of the 4 points would be helpful. 1. Quartzscape finish put on, acid washed and then water added today. Just looks like cement. Owner of co. and head worker had told me since day one that after pool is full we will see pattern (St. Martin). But when job was done and water was about to be added, I asked again, how long to see pattern? Was told one to two years. What? 2. We have fresh water/ozone pool. Will this inhibit the exposure since it is chemical free? Contractor new this fact. 3. The tiles on steps were replaced with new ones and in resurfacing they ground the product across the tiles over and over so they are screatched deep, everywhere even to the point that the shiny surface is completely gone on many of them. The old tile they removed had no scratches at all. The new tile looks like it has been through a war. Contractor says it doesn't matter because the water will make it look ok. But then why did we pay for new tile that looks infinitely worse than the old? We could have left it as is. Is this unreasonable? Is the new tile always destroyed on install? 4. The steps had nice clean crisp edges. When they demo'd the steps (took off decorative tile) they smashed the edges pretty bad. I asked the owner why and he said it was to remove loose concrete. I asked if they would be able to restore the edges as crisp as they were before and he laughed and said of course. The edges look like a kid did it - they are wavy and have indents along the way. I was told it was not a big deal and it would look ok when water was added. Is this normal procedure My pool guy says industry standards are +/- 1/8" so even if it isn't even it looks even to the naked eye. We are still filling and it's dark so I don't know if they water will make it look better or more extreme with the wave and glare. Contractor is telling me this is all the way it should be and I have no right to ask these rude questions. Pool surface photo to follow.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quartzscapes - new resurfacing

Sample of quartzscape in pool. Lighter colors= cloud reflection. Color is even - cement color and quartzscape sample has specks of different colors.

o
RE: Quartzscapes - new resurfacing

tile/step area. All tiles were new and shiny dark blue before install. Many dull matte now as surface either scratched or just sanded off.

Apologies, too tired to correct spelling in first post. I have college degree, just been beaten up all day over this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here