Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some general questions for PBs

Posted by GoofyYno (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 4, 11 at 1:24

Hi,
I have a few general questions that I thought I'd ask here. The first one is what are good dimensions for a sport pool to play basketball/volleyball in? (I'm sure any size would work, but ...)

second I had a thought of an elevated spa, which would overflow drain into a long narrow "lap pool" say 20' x 5' which would drain into the play pool. in one vision the "lap pool" and the play pool would be connected. in another, the lap part would be either partially or entirely above ground. Like some of the european pools that look like fountains. I'm assuming the cost of the above ground would be a lot more. would you estimate it as a lot more, or just a little.
if it matters, I live in scottsdale, az.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some general questions for PBs

Hi Goofy,
Also in Scottsdale.
If you have the space that can be done very cool.
Pool raised up is a little more, not tremendous. Where you end up spending most of the extra money is doing a cap on it, and how you finish the face.

If you are in a hard dig area, then it can be a wash sometimes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here