Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bellbound_gw

Recommended Pool Robot/Cleaner?

bellbound
12 years ago

I just moved to a house with a pool that is surrounded by trees. I'm looking for a pool robot that will be plugged into electrical. I want one that does the following:

- goes up wall and stairs

- has a large capacity bag

- has a well made bag so it doesn't easily fall apart and need to

be replaced often

- has easy access to take out the bag and throw it out

- cost around $1,000 though I'm willing to pay more if necessary

- has a remote control (only if it is something I need)

Can anyone recommend any models?

Thanks!

Comments (10)

• poolguynj
    12 years ago

A plugged in version typically is substantially heavier and larger than it's pool sweep brethren. The bag should be emptied after each use but they typically last longer and are of a different material than what you would see on a Polaris 380 or Pentair Legend.

The robots I like are the Dolphin series and the Polaris 9300 series though nether will do stairs because robots in general, are just too big to negotiate them. I have a battery powered broom for them and for spas. Expect to spend a little more but you get what you pay for.

Scott

• bellbound
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi poolguynj,

Are you saying that no robots can do the stairs? Even more expensive ones?

What is a battery powered broom? Can you send me an example?

Thanks!

• muddy_water
    12 years ago

I have sold several of these( see link below) and customers love them...For the steps just use you pole and brush and push the dirt to the floor for the cleaner too pick it up....

Here is a link that might be useful: 720

• bellbound
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi muddy_water,

Pardon my ignorance, I'm new to pool ownership. What pole are your referring to that will push the dirt to the floor?

Thanks!

• poolguynj
    12 years ago

I have a Pool Blaster. A Google of it will show you. I don't like pushing dirt off, personally as it looks unprofessional.

Scott

• bellbound
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Scott,

There seems to be a wide range of Pool Blaster models ranging from $100-$500. Which one do you have?

Is there an alternative to pushing dirt off? If the robot can't climb the stairs, it sounds like the only alternative is to push the dirt off with one of these?

Thanks!

• rmrc12
    12 years ago

I've had a Leslie's Pool Dolphin Deluxe 3 for six months now and love it. I think the Deluxe 3 is the Leslie's Pool name for the Dolphin Moby (made by Maytronics). The Deluxe 3 does not climb more than 1' of the walls but the 4 and 5 climb all the way to the tile line.

I drop the cleaner in once a weak and it does a great job of keeping my pool spotless. The best part is that I no longer have to clean my filter every couple months as I had to do with my suction side cleaner. Also, no more hoses in the pool getting in the way of swimming. From my personal experience so far I would definitely recommend the Dolphin.

• muddy_water
    12 years ago

I would just attach this to the pole that you should have and brush the stairs before you put the cleaner in the pool...See link below...

Here is a link that might be useful: Pool brush

• poolguynj
    12 years ago

I had the Max, will be using the Pro this season.

Scott

• rmrc12
    12 years ago

poolguynj- thanks for posting about the Pool Blaster. Every time I clean my spa I have to pump the water out and into the pool. Not any more.