Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
winter wonderland... ugh...

Posted by joanneswimsct (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 31, 11 at 23:06

Hi all!
It's been a while so may be a bit rusty but will try to post some pics. Approx 5 FEET of snow so far this winter here in CT. Another storm arriving tomorrow...
JoannPhotobucketnowinsidejpg.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">e

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: winter wonderland... ugh...

Only got 1 pic in above so will try again. Have a cool one from inside the pool building...
JoPhotobucketanne

o

WOW!!!
I don't envy you guys in the NE one bit
We were into the mid 70's today and expect a front tomorrow that'll dip us to below freezing tomorrow evening.
I just can't deal with it and y'all make it look like a cake walk.
I'm curious, is the inside of your pool structure heated or does the water temp keep the pool from freezing and the inside temps semi reasonable?

See ya,
Kelly

o

Typically in structures like that, the pool being heated keeps the structure nice and toasty.

o

NE is beautiful in the fall, but days like this make me glad I live on the left coast.
Just a little ((Shake)) now and then here!

o

Hey Kelly
Actually we winterized the pool the Mon after Thanksgiving. The day of the pic, the H2O temp was 35 and the air 33. The next day we had ice so will need lots of sunshine come Feb to warm things up. The tree line in our backyard is just tall enough to block the sun by the end of Sept. By mid Feb the sun is high enough to warm up the building. We start up for the season the first weekend of April and typically run the heater a few hours to bring us from mid 70's to 80 then let the sun work its magic until mid Sept. We don't heat the air at all but the heat from the H2O does a nice job Oct/Nov although it gets a bit foggy!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here