Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fiberglass Pool Size

Posted by wbrown609 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 30, 11 at 22:30

We are in the process of trying to choose a fiberglass pool to have installed. We are in the process of building the house, and the yard is large enough to accommodate pretty much any size we choose to go with. We are having a difficult time determining which pool size to get. We have narrowed it down to three models. The models can be found at this link: http://www.hatteraspools.com/products.html (Grand Buxton, Pamlico, or Grand Rodanthe) One is a rectangular pool with dimensions of 14'x32'. This is considered a medium sized pool and is priced about $4,000 less than the two larger pools. Those are a kidney shaped at 16'x38' and a rectangle shaped at 16'x37'. We have two small kids, and I am more worried about when they are teenagers than now. Is the 14'x32' pool big enough? I keep thinking that 14 feet is too narrow, but that seems to be the most common size. Does anyone with a similar sized pool wish they would have gone bigger or are you happy with that size? Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.hatteraspools.com/products.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fiberglass Pool Size

I had a fiberglass pool and yoou have to remember there is a ledge running along the bottom of the pool around the walls that comes out about a foot and is about 1.5 to 2 feet tall. My advice is to go with the biggest pool you can afford. I went with a figure 8 (free form) and it was way too small! It looked big out of the ground but once it was placed and you add two or three kids and then pool toys the pool becomes very very small. Remember you will have friends over, rafts etc so my feeling is I would rather have too big of a pool that too little.

o
RE: Fiberglass Pool Size

We're having a San Juan "Star Dust" fiberglass pool installed in a number of weeks. It's roughly 16' x 37'... the same size as your Grand Rodanthe and Grand Buxton. I think it'll be plenty big for our family. However, I wouldn't (personally) go with the Pamlico, as it does seem small. An inground pool is something that you want to have installed once, and you want it to be right.... not have second thoughts while bumping into people while swimming around. Spend the extra $$ if possible for one of the two larger ones.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here