Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dgmonaco1

Polaris Caretaker In-Floor Cleaning System

dgmonaco1
13 years ago

We put in a new pool a few months ago and decided to include a Polaris Caretaker in-floor cleaning system. We recently had a few questions about the operation of the cleaning system and placed a couple of calls to the technical support at Polaris and we were extremely satisfied with their level of support. We talked to Edward and Dave and they were both great.

Comments (15)

• just-a-pb
    13 years ago

Wow,
    Thanks for registering today to tell us that.

Though I like their system as well, you are Jan the spam man.

• Rack Etear
    13 years ago

I'm glad you had a good experience with their tech support.

They are still my 3rd choice in in floor cleaning systems.

• dgmonaco1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It's our first pool and we learning as we go. We also used beadcrete and that turned out great.

• just-a-pb
    13 years ago

Racket,
    Why is that?
    Who is number one, as there are really only 3 out there.

• Rack Etear
    13 years ago

#1 Paramount. #2 A&A #3 Caretaker.

• natural_one
    13 years ago

there's also Astral...if that even counts.

Caretaker will hold #1 for me for multiple reasons....biased and unbiased both.

Racket-care to answer just's questions as to why?
    just- which do you use and why?

• huskyridor
    13 years ago

quote" Wow,
    Thanks for registering today to tell us that.
    Though I like their system as well, you are Jan the spam man. "quote

WOW !!!

That could be a bit harsh on a new member, is there really a Jan the Spam Man???
    I can feel the excitement flowing from this post when I compare it to some of the times where my customers have told me how frustrated they were with the 1-800-techrep from the mfg.
    I'm certified on 2 of these 3 for a very long time and have the following favorite, that would be the one we're installing at a current job.
    I don't know either Ed or Adam but just this post would be enough for me to recommend Polaris over a Paramount, otherwise I've found them all to be rather equal on pools I've installed ands those I've witnessed from other builders.

See ya,
    Kelly

• Rack Etear
    13 years ago

When it comes to cleaning systems It's all about the heads. The actuators all seem to hold up the same (these days). I have had the least amount of stuck or jammed heads with Paramount. Paramount are also very good with helping dealers out when something didn't go right.

I don't really care how good anyone's 1-800 support is because my goal as a builder is to not have my clients know, or care how good they are.

Astral?? Arent they the company that makes filters for the us market with metric fittings in them?

• just-a-pb
    13 years ago

Husky,
    If that was a real new poster then I am sorry. But most people don't go to all the trouble to register just to post how much they love something.
    There are huge companies that are making a fortune adding BS posts, and fictitious recommendations. I think the only ones I really believe are the negatives. But they get buried fast by all the "Positive" ones.

There is a local builder who has the worst rep, the reviews would scare anyone away, all of sudden they were all gone, and nothing but rave reviews now exist. I wonder what that cost him. Even the BBB complaints are all gone, and he is an A+. Don't get me started on them.

Natural,
    I use Caretaker. I Know your connection. (talked to your dad at the show a couple of weeks ago).

We get great support here, but this was the original home of caretaker.

Racket,
    I have used both AA and Paramount, and prefer Caretaker a little bit more.
    The back story for this area is both of those systems were owned by the largest pool builders in the valley. AA by Shasta, and Paramount by Paddock.
    So I never liked paying the competition. Now that has changed slightly now but too many of the original players still involved.

We do have an awesome system here. We have one contractor that for a small fee, installs, tunes and handles any issues with my infloors for the first 3 years. After that customers pay $65.00 for a service call but get all parts for free for life. He deals with all the warranty stuff so I don't have to.
    It makes for an easy sell for me.
    Had a customer call me a couple of weeks ago, we finished his pool 5+ years ago. He said the infoor was working that well anymore. For $65.00 they replaced every head, and the valve. He was blown away, and I already got another referral out of it.

• natural_one
    13 years ago

just-a-pb....

Just realized that you're the builder he told me he talked to that knew me from some online forum...bummer I missed you! maybe next time.

I take it you use troy's for your CT installs? Great guy, grew up obviously knowing him well.

Im super curious as to who the builder is you're referring who wiped their slate clean.

• just-a-pb
    13 years ago

Starts with a S and ends with a fari.

• renovxpt
    13 years ago

justaPB wrote "Even the BBB complaints are all gone, and he is an A+. Don't get me started on them."

Isn't it amazing how those BBB complaints vanish. Classic case of the fox guarding the henhouse.

• dgmonaco1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Just for the record, I am a new poster and not in the pool business. Sorry to have created a stir by making a nice comment.

• renovxpt
    13 years ago

We used A&A in the 90's and I liked the low pressure concept of the floating balls and how well it worked with ozone. we have replaced the gears in several installations and of course some heads but the customers seem to be happy. We switched to caretaker in 2000 because we were doing a couple of below grade installations and A&A wanted an exclusive contract commitment. The caretaker valves have reuired occasional diaphram repair and seem more suceptible to hard water conditions. Both products seem to be good if installed correctly. We have never used Paramount but from what I have read and heard it sounds like a good product.

• poolguynj
    13 years ago

Jan,

Don't sweat it. It's just unusual that that type of comment comes out of the blue.

It does seem to have gotten a good thread started though.

Scott