Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Live in Willow Grove PA - - - Fiberglass or Concrete/need Builde

Posted by willie42 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 25, 12 at 22:17

Good Evening Everyone-

My wife and I are in the market for an in ground pool. We are debating between a concrete and Fiberglass. I want a concrete because of size (I am worried that 16' wide will not be enough). She wants a Fiberglass. CAN ANYONE HELP!!! Any suggestions on both and, what PB can anyone recommend. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Live in Willow Grove PA - - - Fiberglass or Concrete/need Bui

That width wouldn't be wide enough for what?

Do you have a large enough property to support a larger pool?

Scott

o

Hi Scott. I do, but I feel that 16 feet wide is not big enough. The pools I'm accustomed to our 20. I also have 6 children. Any suggestions?

o

6 kids? Wow! God blessed you and your wife.
I will agree with you that a F/G would likely be small for the kids and their crews. That leaves you with a liner or gunite. I think you'll get a better bang for your buck with the liner pool.

Scott

o

Thanks Scott

o

Try Monogram Custom Pools in Coopersburgh Pa. Tony is a great guy and knows his stuff.

http://www.monogramcustompools.com/

o

Seasonal World in Cream Ridge does all three types, liner, gunite, and fiberglass. I have seen a lot of their liner pools over the years and they do some very nice work.

TopFiftyBuilder is a forum member but I haven't seen him on lately. If you send me contact info via email (click on My Page) I can forward the info to him.

Scott

o

shameless plug here...this is tony from Monogram Custom Pools. we do concrete pools only...but if you end up going the fiberglass route, I'd be happy to give a fellow forum member any help/advice I can!

feel free to call or email anytime. contact info is on www.monogramcustompools.com

tony c

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.monogramcustompools.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here