Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Zodiac vs Polaris cleaners

Posted by jenn.in.dfw (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 20, 11 at 20:42

Just got finished with my final pool builder meeting with pool builder #3. He mentioned that he would give us a Zodiac suction pool cleaner versus the Polaris pool cleaner because in our type of pool (geometric with corners) it would actually clean better and not get stuck. He says the Polaris doesn't actually clean, it just disturbs water so that debris floats to the skimmers, and the bag is really just for picking up large pieces of loose debris.

Is there any validity to this? Neither of the other two pool builders mentioned the Zodiac cleaner and I don't recall having ever read about it on this board.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Zodiac vs Polaris cleaners

Suction side cleaners tend to be slower. The can get stuck too. They also tend to go in repetitive patterns. I know several here like The Pool Cleaner sweeps but I don't see them out my way.

Pressure side cleaners pick up dirt too. Can things get past the bag? Sure, but not much. Polaris also has a silt bag available if needed.

Pressure side cleaners also have a back up unit that moves the unit to a different part of the pool to prevent it from staying stuck and to prevent the sweep from going over the same places repeatedly.

Scott

o

Any specific models of cleaners you're looking at? I might have missed that information but a model might be helpful for comparison.

o

Zodiac, and Polaris are the same company. Yes they make boats, 4wheelers, watercraft, infloor systems, sweeps, ect ect ect.

For suction side cleaners I recommend "the pool cleaner" by poolvergnuegen, german engineering, but Made in the USA. Not to be confused with farfegnugen.

Not a rep, just like their product.
I have one 2300 sq ft pool 12' deep with lots of crazy alcoves and this thing does a beautiful job of cleaning it.
I should get paid for this.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Pool Cleaner

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here