Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fl_waterbug

Warning about Saltcells.com

fl-waterbug
17 years ago

I want to alert everyone of a problem I have with an on-line vendor. It may be an isolated incident - but just in case - be aware.

It all started because I was interested in getting a meter to test my pool PH levels. I have a hard time distinguishing the colors on the drop test.

In a posting (on this site I think) there was a link to this website called Saltcells.com. It is a nice looking, professionally done website with lots of brand cells, systems, and pool products. I ordered a PH-salt meter for $146.00. This was in October 2006. I paid in full through PayPal which automaticlly takes the money out of my checking account.

A about a week to ten days after my order I e-mailed Saltcells to see what the satus of my order was. No one replied. I tried sevral more time and finally got a response whereas I was told the item was out of stock and would ship on 7 to 10 days. Well 15 days later no meter. I tried to contact Saltcells again by e-mail and phone but no reply.

I then contacted PayPal and filed a compliant. PayPal claims to protect its users but PayPal has not been able to get my money back ($146.00). I also filed a complaint with the BBB in the state where Saltcells is located.

If you choose to buy from this site make sure you use a credit card so you have some protection. But I suggest you don't buy anything from them. I also won't use PayPal again.

Sincerely,

Mike

Jan '07

Comments (72)

• splashpool
    16 years ago

Their phones aren't disconnected... they just don't answer or return calls...or email.

• detective2069
    16 years ago

It has come to my attention my name and phone number has been posted in this website as the contact in Arizona for Salt Cell complaints. As the post by "thepoolguy11" on 01-05-07, 01-17-07,and 02-1-07 suggests. The company Salt Cells has moved from Gilbert, Arizona as of January 2007 and has moved to 6704 East Juniper Street, Mesa, Arizona. This is out of my jurisdiction. If you have an order, placed after January 2007 and believe fraud has occurred please contact Mesa P.D. at 480-644-2211.

• monkeychucker
    16 years ago

Ordered a salt cell in Nov 2007 and after being lied to several times by Kim (saying she would personally call me with a tracking number later the same day as the cell was being shipped), I give up and am letting the credit card company handle these guys. Please be aware!

• toddlary
    16 years ago

I have filed complint with PayPal and alerted the Mesa Police. An internet search finds many companies listed in their names in the Gilbert/Mesa area, many with disconnected numbers. I am surprised the police or local pool companies haven't run them out of town. Get a load of this last excuse/promise I received from Kim "I did get the company to place the order yesterday, only to find out that there was a problem with our acct. We have a new bank, and I do have to prepay all my orders with them. I didnÂt realize that they do not let us have available funds right away for 30 days. We have a 5 day waiting period. This IS a brand new account that we set up. So, the credit card I gave them will not be good for 4 more business days. I am sorry this is happening, when it rains it pours. I will contact you around Wed, and it should ship then. Again, you should have within 1-2 business days after that. Here is my cell phone, please call anytimeÂI am on the road allot. 480-227-3795" needless to say I have not received my product and she has not answered her cell phone. By stating these facts I do not intent this message to be accusatory or slanderous.

• toddlary
    16 years ago

I just called the Mesa Police and they told me to send the information to the FBI - www.ic3.gov. All interent crimes are apparently handles by them.

• detective2069
    16 years ago

Yes, if you believe you are a victim of fraud contact www.IC3.gov and file a complaint. However, in your complaint do not list Gilbert, Arizona. Salt Cells is no longer in Gilbert, Arizona since January 2007, they are in Mesa, Ariz. IC3 will then forward your IC3 complaint to Mesa P.D. for further follow up. The FBI will not handle anything under $1,000,000 (one million dollars). Or contact the Arizona Attorney Generals Office at www.azag.gov and see what they can do for you.

• jmas65
    16 years ago

toddlarry, and other victims,

I'm getting the feeling that this is going nowhere. I certainly hope to see crooks like this exposed and brought to justice, but at some level it seems as if you may be beating your heads against a wall.

In any event, good luck.

• toddlary
    16 years ago

Kim arranged for me to pick up the product from a local distributor. I picked the unit up today. It appears to be in order. I do not have any plans to pursue this complaint further.

• bella-orlando
    16 years ago

This must be the longest running thread ever on here! I can't believe the amount of months between some of these posts! This just goes to show you that if you have a problem someone else does as well!

Jason

• fishman_2008
    16 years ago

My friend and I use to by pool stuff at their gilbert store til it closed, very good price and lots of knowledge. I bought a replacement cell for my clearwater and have been there for another repair, they have lots of testing equip and spare parts for cells. I never met Mr. but Kim has always been really nice and willing to share her advice. Deron

• busyredhed
    16 years ago

I wanted to make a comment about Paypal. I no longer use instant payments. Paypal's process is very slow and they feign ignorance on how to get your money back if the seller has no money in their account for them to take. I prefer using my credit card. I have gone through my credit card company twice and in both cases opened a complaint as well with Paypal with no satisfaction from them. Just from my credit card company. Paypal is very unreliable when you pay for something and something goes wrong.

• driver91
    15 years ago

One more catched!
    I am leaving France and i saw an interesting cell to replace mine. After une email information i was catched by Kim for a special offer and she did not release pressure until my payment! After: SILENCE.
    A friend of me also interested was catched by the same manner but after a phone call with me he asked Kim about my order and she told him it was shipped the same day! What a lie on my account it's till "processing" and i never got it or a tracking number...
    Lie, lie lie again!

• driver91
    15 years ago

sorry i must write "caught"... It's not my native language!

• Meggfin_hotmail_com
    15 years ago

I too have a complaint. On or about Aril 2008 we sent our salt cell back to them because they wanted to see if it was broken. I finally got a hold of them and asked them to return it to me so we could at least run our pool. After about a month we got it back. To date we still do not have the replacement. We are ion Sept 2008 and I have written the BBB and today I e-mailed them and told them to keep their word and send me the replacement because it was under warranty. Today I am calling the Mesa P.D and all the numbers above to start with them. I live in Tucson and if this does not work we am going to pay them a little visit with the Mesa P.D. So if they read this I hope they will send my cell so this doesn't have to come to this. They know I have been calling and my patience are very thin right now. But I will NEVER do business with them again.

• ken_lewis
    15 years ago

WOW! This 20 month old thread prompted me to search the public record of BBB.
    How do you make so many people unhappy that this many will take the time to file complaints?
    After working for myself for 3 decades in service and construction trades I am still waiting for my first.
    I can see two or three that may slip through the cracks or those that will complain to the BBB first rather than seeking warranty but ................ dozens?

At 53 I have yet to write my first letter to BBB. Like most people I get even with face-to-face words and actions.
    With that many complaints there must be hundreds that don't bother and chalk it up to bad experience.

In 1849 we'd have grabbed a rope by now

Ken

Here is a link that might be useful: Better Business Bureau

• driver91
    15 years ago

Now i am waiting first of october to have a chance to get a refund from my credit card insurance .Kim pick me 606$ and she wrote that my invoice was made on 20th august when she tried to get money from my friend... But he was aware...
    And now the insurance ask to wait one month for international shipping ( at this time my order is still processing " not shipped").
    After that i have a strong friend who want to return in Arizona next year, may be a little visit in Mesa with PD..

• splashpool
    15 years ago

This isn't going anywhere as far as law enforcement is concerned, as the principals are still in business and still ripping off. I had a business relationship with saltcells, got stung and never got satisfaction. I was also ripped off by a California company with same non-result. I now buy only by sight draft from American companies (I'm overseas). It's a buyers market and if they want money up front I just move on.
    I'll never again send money to an American company and then wait for them to fill their end of the deal.

• gnomes8
    15 years ago

Well, well, well I have posted before in re to this company and since Sept 9, 2008 to date I still have not seen my saltcell. Have written the Attorney General and the BBB and nothing yet. I e-mailed this dude and he said to me he fired Kim but that is a lie too because it is his wife and I wrote that to him and he had no reply. He stated in one of his e-mails to me that he was contacted by the BBB and the AG and he lied to them as well stating he told me he was going to try to help me with this and no contact by him has been made. This "so called" business person is a quack and lies about everything. His ethics has a lot to be desired and I am still going to pursue this until I get my saltcell. Our saltcell was under warrante and he claims it is not. I am no lawyer but the receipt does not state "This warrante is non-transferrable". He states that the warrante is void because they do not transfer warrantes but it is not stated anywhere on our receipt. I am going to seek more help from the law and the fact this blog has gone this long is really going to help out. I hope everyone who is not satisified with this company keeps going to try to get their merchandise and maybe he will get tired of the bad feed back and finally do what he is suppose to do. I for one am angry and will NOT give up. Happy Thanksgiving

• jmas65
    15 years ago

This thread is coming up on 2 yrs old. It's too bad folks didn't find this before they ordered from saltcells....

• tim6412
    15 years ago

Yes it is too bad I did not find this blog before I ordered. I have the same old story with saltcells They charged my credit card $600 for a cell they have yet to deliver. I am working with 2co.com,1877-294-0273, the company that does their credit card billing, to try and get a refund we'll see.

• Rack Etear
    15 years ago

Go directly to your bank and dispute charges.

It's much easier.

• rosko
    15 years ago

SALTCELLS.CON are selling many cells which in the small print are"GENERIC",but they rip off the manufacturer by illegally using their Trademarks and Logos thereby purporting that they are manufacturers products.
    Many use less thickness of rare earth metals [ruthenium and iridium].These coatings are the most expensive part of the cell often making up 60% OF the total cost. LESS COATINGS LESS LIFE

• rosko
    15 years ago

In my recent post i mistakenly posted SALTCELLS.CON
    It should read SALTCELLS.COM.
    Sorry if this has offended anyone

• poolguynj
    15 years ago

One of these days the FBI will tag them for mail fraud or something and lock them up.

• swimmyhead
    14 years ago

Having a miserable time with Saltcells.com. 45 days after order. Numerous emails and calls to get the order cancelled, but still no confirmation of cancellation, and no sign of a credit to my cc. BBB of Arizona shows numerous complaints similar to this. I can NOT recommend Saltcells.com as a place to do business.

• Rack Etear
    14 years ago

"In my recent post i mistakenly posted SALTCELLS.CON"

sadly it seems like they didnt make a mistake in that post.

• PhoenixAZ
    13 years ago

OK so much negative about this firm I do business with them they have always been great. Very friendly and helpful all the time. Ted himself is a very intelligent person about salt systems he has made my life much easier with my pool. I was tired of getting ripped off by those so called experts and only for a few bucks and a lot of education from him to me my POOL LOOKS GREAT!

• SaltCellScam
    13 years ago

The above post is clearly TED ARUNSKI attempting to ensnare more unwary victims. SALTCELLS.COM is still operating and scamming people. They have moved to Apache Junction, AZ and ripped off a friend of mine for nearly $2,000.00.

IF ANYBODY HAS BEEN SCAMMED BY THESE PEOPLE, PLEASE CONTACT ME SO WE CAN ADD YOU TO OUR UPCOMING LAWSUIT FOR FRAUD AGAINST TED AND KIM ARUNSKI. We have filed complaints with the FBI and local police and are pursuing a private lawsuit against these people.

DO NOT buy anything from these scammers, you will never see the product!!

• acandjc_hawaiiantel_net
    13 years ago

I wish I had found this website before I ordered.
    MESSAGE TO ALL DO NOT ORDER FROM SALTCELLS.COM.
    After 2 months of excuse after excuse I filed with my credit card company to reverse the charge. Do not order form PoolPower also it�s the same people.
    Because I�m sure they will try this again�make sure you do not do business with any company associated with KIM or TED ARUNSKI.

• sherrie_pilkington_gmail_com
    12 years ago

My salt cell order is 3 months overdue. Kim today said she'd email the manufacturer, get right on it, let me know right away the status. I think I've been robbed! Ugh

• Dina123
    12 years ago

For those of you that may be interested. Unfortunatly Ted Arunski is my cousin. He and his wife Kim have been scaming people all of their lives. I did not know this when I got involved in a business deal with Ted in 2003 as I had not seen him for years at this time.
    I invested a great deal of money with him and lost over a million dollars. It went to court last year after several years of delays. I have been awarded a judgement of over $700,000.00, with no way to collect.
    I would like nothing more than to see both Ted and Kim go to jail. If I could help anyone please contact me.
    ertdd2000@aol.com.
    Thanks,
    Edward (another sucker)

• Mike1973
    11 years ago

Well... I guess I should have done more checking.... The story is the same. I ordered a salt cell from saltcells.com. Left several messages and sent several emails. No response for weeks. I spoke to Kim once and she was pretty rude and said she would call me back, but never did.

Its scary that these folks are still in business.

• womanowned
    11 years ago

Where are these scammers located?

• poolguynj
    11 years ago

IIRC. Arizona.

• plane
    10 years ago

It's been over a year without an entry. But unfortunately it's happened to me. Luckily or unluckily I only live a mile or so from him. But I've decided to do the IC3.gov thing first. Then off to small claims court. I don't see any other way around this. Theodore Arunski is pretty easy to find on the internet and not in a good way either. He's been to small claims several times and has some kind of pending lawsuit going in which saltman is the defendant of course.

• plane
    10 years ago

It's been over a year without an entry. But unfortunately it's happened to me. Luckily or unluckily I only live a mile or so from him. But I've decided to do the IC3.gov thing first. Then off to small claims court. I don't see any other way around this. Theodore Arunski is pretty easy to find on the internet and not in a good way either. He's been to small claims several times and has some kind of pending lawsuit going in which saltman is the defendant of course.

Forgot to mention that my CC got hacked shortly after my transaction with Saltcells.con

• Stefv1
    10 years ago

This should continue to get bumped so it is visible to everyone on here. "top of page." At least until they shut it down.

• magicalmark
    10 years ago

I am currently looking for the housing for my Pool Ex salt system as the company here in the Phoenix area went out if business.

They list the it on their website. Before calling to see if they had it in stock I noticed on the bottom of the page it says "Please visit the BBB's website using the following link: http://www.bbb.org/central-northern-western-arizona/business-reviews/swimming-pool-equipment-and-supplies/saltcells-com-in-mesa-az";. I would have done this any way before using a business on the web. I followed the link and the BBB gives them a rating if F. I don't understand why they would put this link there.

I have called and have been told it was on back order from Australia. When the part comes in I will drive over an hour each way to pick it up rather then trust them to ship it.

• assist911
    9 years ago

It has come to my attention that Detective Wakefield's name had been listed as the contact for law enforcement for this company, Salt Cells. The company has not been in Gilbert, Arizona since 2007 and last known address was in the City of Mesa, Arizona. From what I have been reading on this blog, Mesa Police is referring people to the IC3.Gov website. Please do not call Detective Wakefield. He is not handing Salt Cell complaints. Thank you. Go to the IC3.GOV website or Arizona Attorney General's Office www.azag.gov/complaints/consumer or 602-542-5763 and maybe they can assist.

Again PLEASE do not call Detective Wakefield because Salt Cells is not in Gilbert, Arizona and not in his jurisdiction. Thank you.

• assist911
    9 years ago

It has come to my attention that Detective Wakefield's name had been listed as the contact for law enforcement for this company, Salt Cells. The company has not been in Gilbert, Arizona since 2007 and last known address was in the City of Mesa, Arizona. From what I have been reading on this blog, Mesa Police is referring people to the IC3.Gov website. Please do not call Detective Wakefield. He is not handing Salt Cell complaints. Thank you. Go to the IC3.GOV website or Arizona Attorney General's Office www.azag.gov/complaints/consumer or 602-542-5763 and maybe they can assist.
    Again PLEASE do not call Detective Wakefield because Salt Cells is not in Gilbert, Arizona and not in his jurisdiction. Thank you.

• assist911
    9 years ago

• assist911
    9 years ago

• assist911
    9 years ago

• assist911
    9 years ago

• assist911
    9 years ago

• assist911
    9 years ago

• assist911
    9 years ago

• assist911
    9 years ago

• assist911
    9 years ago

• assist911
    9 years ago