Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Charlotte Gunite/Shotcrete Pool recommendations

Posted by y2khardtop (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 24, 12 at 19:56

So other threads bash Superior, but who is good? Pool by Design built my last pool 8 years ago, and it was a nightmare. Have they improved. Superior did some nice drawings for me, but "some" people really hate them, including friends of mine that are in the business. Pelican did a neighbors pool, nice but I know there were some issues. Falling Water did another friends, but they are ridiculously expensive.

I'm in Concord, open to suggestions.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Charlotte Gunite/Shotcrete Pool recommendations

Please feel free to email me at 4fiddy@gmail.com to see if I can help you out.

Chris

o

Charlotte has quite a few quality builders that have good reputations. Todd Pools, Artesian Pools, B&B Pools and Falling Waters are all good choices. When it comes to building pools, what may seem "ridiculously expensive" upfront usually turns out to be a better investment down the road.

o

The pool industry as a whole has taken quite the beating over the past few years. The guy with the perceived lowest bid is almost never the best deal. The lowest bid is almost always as a result of corners being cut and financial distress. We've seen it time and again on this forum.

Scott

o

I don't consider a pool an investment, so adding 30% to the cost upfront is not something I can even consider. I would never buy a pool based on price alone, but within a given price range it's hard to choose. So far everyone claims to be the best, and everyone points fingers at others.

I'll look into some of the above listed. Falling Waters would be a great option for us, as they are really close, but their previous quote was not within reason.

Again thanks

o

oh, any contact info for B&B. Their website is "under construction"?????

o

Paying 30% or more for a better quality product is a good investment for a lot of purchases. Its hard to throw a swimming pool away after you buy it.

o

Who did you go with? I live in Charlotte and met with 3 builders, I really negotiated with a company that was referred to me by my neighbor. So far, we have had our ups and downs... they shot the concrete and are now ready to work on the outer plumbing... I am not ready to bash them yet, but I also can't say that I have a high level of satisfaction.... my neighbor said that they build a good pool, so we will see!

o

MyFirstPool... why not tell us who is building your pool?
I would stay away from Anthony and Sylvan. Not enough supervision or pride in their work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here