Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alyx_c_gw

Glass tile tanning ledge and other questions

alyx_c
11 years ago

Hi, I am new to the forum. We have a house on Padre Island, TX. Our PB will start on our pool Thur or Fri, weather permitting. Our pool will be 10.5' w X 36' l, salt water. The first 10' will be a tanning ledge with 9" of water. I am having the entire ledge bottom and sides done in a thin copper colored glass tile the pool and steps. The coping is the lightest Travertine we could get. There will be 2 steps from the tanning ledge the width of the pool where it will go to 3.5' and going to 4.5'. We were going to go 5' but we can hit water level at 5' or 6'. So finally to my questions. :-) I have seen a shorter pool with what the owner called swim jets. He loves them, they look like regular jets, not the big box things that create swim resistance in pools. I prefer the jets and all his equip is Hayward but I cannot find anything on the hayward site about swim jets. Did they just use spa jets? He turns off everything in the pool when he turns on these jets but the system works great for him to swim. Also is 9" of water enough for the tanning ledge, it is hot and windy here, usually? Thank you!

Comments (2)