Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dpautz

Please recommend a good pool builder in Southern California?

dpautz
12 years ago

Hello,

We have had a hard time finding a trust worthy pool builder. Can anyone locally recommend a pool builder that they or family have used with good results? Sadly the review sites seem to be lacking on pool builders, Angislist is lacking (found a few, but most have no reviews). If anyone has a better suggestion for review sites please pass them on as I would love to do major homework before spend this kind of money.

We are in the San Gabriel valley between Azusa and Upland if this helps narrow down the area.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Comments (22)

• stereotypeq
    12 years ago

We've had an overall good experience with Mr. Carlos Pools and they were the lowest bid we were able to find in SoCal. Check out our post "New Pool Build in Los Angeles" for more details than you could ever care to know. :)

• serraoj
    12 years ago

Blue Fountain Pools in Rancho Cucamonga...ask for Don Hubbel. Had two pools done by this company, no problems.

• dpautz
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the leads so far. Anyone else have any advice?

Thanks!

• serraoj
    12 years ago

Also try GRG Pool & Spa (909) 606-6042 ask for Gary.
    They remodeled a friends pool and did an awesome job.
    Also do from ground up installs.
    Hope this helps.

• dpautz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello,

I just wanted to bump this and see if there are any other suggestions. We hope to start the dig within a few weeks so we can enjoy it this summer.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

• 291RPV
    11 years ago

I also live in Southern California, Rancho Palos Verdes. This is between Long Beach and LAX Intl Airport

We are looking at reviews on the web and there really is not much out there.
    Every pool builder we have contacted seem to have a bad review out there and as you know, digging a big hole in your yard is very scary.
    We are doing a simple rectangular with an elevated spa-there's no bells and whistles here. And it is small-9x15 and only 4 feet deep
    Has anyone had a good experience with Blue Fountain, Swan pools, Sunset pools, Allstate, Horusucky construction? I am not even going to ask about Blue Haven!! There are so many bad opinions for them. I am very adept at searching the web and have exhausted all. I was SO happy to find this site.

I have touched base with neighbors but the PBs they used have moved out of state-mostly to AZ-LOL

2nd question is what is the cost/bid you have received from them if you have used them and if used other PB, what have been your costs

PLEASE! :) Help me out here. I am going in circles
    Thank you!!

• PRO
    Aqua-Link Pools and Spas
    11 years ago

I'm not sure if you can shoot me an email or not through my profile. I'm new to posting on this forum. But I can answer your question.
    Thanks

• staceyrayray
    10 years ago

Since there is such a good response to this question maybe someone can help me. I live in Ventura county. Simi Valley. Looking for reputable pool builder. Anyone have any recommendations? Also, when is the best time to build a pool in so cal? I wouldn't be able to start until jan/feb at the earliest. Looks like I should start doing research now thanks!

• beuell
    10 years ago

I am in Encino and am looking for reasonable yet trustworthy pool builder. Planning to start as soon as possible. Many if the companies mentioned above don't work in the SFV. Any other names would be much appreciated.

• lilsophie
    10 years ago

I would recommend Paul Bogner Pools. They are in The Riverside area. They are really great. We had our pool built 25 yrs ago. Now we are getting are pool remodeled buy them as well. Great serviice.

• julieleek
    9 years ago

What vendor did you end up using? We are in the process of getting bids right now and are trying to find the reputable builder as well. We're in Pasadena, CA. Will check out Dreamscapes based on the thoroughness & good experience that Shayna shared. I think that spreadsheet with all the specs is a great idea, but I wouldn't know where to begin. And Pools94, I was hoping to Private Message you to see if you have any recommendations, but I can't figure out how to do that on this website. I've seen the Bogner billboards, as my dad lives in Riverside, but I think Pasadena might be too far for them.

• PRO
    Aqua-Link Pools and Spas
    9 years ago

I recommend Dave Penton of Fluid Dynamics. Not sure if he covers Pasadena but he is out of Fullerton and does a lot of work in the Hollywood Hills and other areas around there. If you want a correctly built pool he's your contractor. He won't be the cheapest but doing it properly never is. Hope that helped.

• julieleek
    9 years ago

Thank you, Aqua-Link. I will call Dave Penton as part of my search. I don't want the headaches I've seen others dealing with so it's nice to hear you say he can build a pool properly.

• PRO
    User
    9 years ago

I second Dave Penton of Fluid Dynamics. He makes our job easy, as it it nice to work with a professional that builds things right!

• malibub
    9 years ago

Hello! We are in Pasadena, CA and also looking for reputable pool builder. Any updates on this?

• julieleek
    9 years ago

Hi Malibub. If you're interested, let's connect offline and help each other through this process. I'm already doing this with another Pasadena resident (who are great people) and it's extremely beneficial. My email is julieleekimura@gmail.com.

• malibub
    9 years ago

k, thank you!

• essnce629
    7 years ago

Any more updates to this? I'm in Sherman Oaks and currently researching pool builders. Anyone have experience with Keren Goldin from Goldin Pools? I have 3 parents from my son's school that have used them and were happy. I will also look into Dreamscapes and Fluid Dynamics. Any more recommendations would be greatly appreciated. My email is essnce629@yahoo.com

• PRO
    Ultimate Water Creations Inc.
    7 years ago

I'm happy to talk with you so feel free to contact us at ultimatwtr@aol.com or 310-446-1614

• blankstair
    7 years ago

We are in Sherman Oaks and seeking a reasonably priced quality pool builder for our family home. Simple rectangular modern pool and spa with baja bench. Has anyone had a great experience and if so, would you mind sharing your recommendation? Much appreciated. We are in the process of obtaining estimates and would like to move forward this summer. Thanks!!!!

• essnce629
    7 years ago

I am in Sherman Oaks too and we've had appointments with 7 pool builders in the last two weeks. My favorites have been Platner Pools and Spas, Babylon Pools, and Symphony Pools.