Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
partypond

and so it begins...Frisco TX pool build

partypond
13 years ago

Permits are approved, trees cut down, shed moved, pavers cleared, grills relocated. Ok, all is done and the builder just said we are scheduled to dig on Monday. SO EXCITED!!

Hopefully this cold front will pass quickly this weekend and the poor guys will not freeze. We then get to go look at some more plaster colors on Tuesday. This is a hard choice!! Looking at QuartzScape SuperBlue, Tahoe Blue and French Gray. If you have pics of any of these please post.

Thanks for sharing this adventure with me.

Comments (23)

• partypond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Perimeter = 89
    Area = 488
    Depth = 3.5 - 6
    Patio = 776
    Jandy VS Epump
    Jandy CL460 filter
    Automatic chlorinator
    Jandy Legacy 400K BTU Heater
    Polaris 1.5HP spa blower
    2 Colorlogic pools lights
    1 Colorlogic spa light
    Polaris 3/4HP booster pump
    Polaris 280 cleaner
    Jandy PS4 with PDA
    Rope anchors for deep end
    QuartzScape plaster � color TBA
    #3 on 8" centers belly steel
    OK flagstone coping
    12" elevated 7ft spa
    Flood light over equipment pad (3� x 9�)
    Deck Sundek overlay with aggregate effects
    Hose fill by water bib
    2 zone sprinklers reroute
    3 brass anchors (2 volleyball one umbrella)
    Total $46,000

{{!gwi}}

• jenleighj
    13 years ago

Awesome! Keep us updated, I had my first pool builder meeting this past Tuesday night with Clear Tech and we really liked them.

• partypond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Three inches of snow and icey roads have cancelled the dig. We are waiting to hear from the excavation crew on when we are rescheduled for. BUMMER but the kids have had fun playing in the snow.

• jackty
    13 years ago

Your design looks beautiful. I am just at the beginning stage of looking into building a pool. When I see all of the specifications for your pool, I feel pretty overwhelmed by it all. Could you tell me where to get started in this process of educating myself and choosing the right PB for the job? I would be so appreciative of any direction that you could give me.

I don't know how to send personal emails on here, or else I would've done that. I'm really not trying to hijack your thread :)

• partypond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My advise would start with reading through this site and www.troublefreepool.com. Both are full of invaluable information about how to get started. Checking the local BBB ratings and talking with others that have built pools also helps. We talked with 4 builders, got quotes from 3 and the final choice really came down to who we felt comfortable with and who we felt we could trust. Our builder is a smaller size company but has been in business for almost 10 years and has a great reputaion in our area. Ask for references on both of these sites for builders in your area - hopefully you will get some good references that way too. Good luck to you and thank you for the kind words about our design. We are so excited to get this started!!!! If only the snow would melt away....

• partypond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

We dug on Saturday and sprayed gunite on Wednesday - lots of changes this week!!! We are really happy with the way things have progressed so far and look forward to seeing all of our color choices come together.

They had to bring out the BIG HOOK to get through the stone in the deep end. Basically our pools sits on a huge rock.

{{!gwi}}

Steel & plumbing were done on Monday
    {{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Tuesday - we passed inspection

Gunite on Wednesday
    {{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• loweran
    13 years ago

starting to look like a pool.

• partypond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Tile is almost done! they got the pool done but ran out of light before the spa was completed so they will be back tomorrow. We are really happy with our new choice - Noble Serengeti Olduvaj

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• partypond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well we have made some progress. Stone work is done, , patio furniture arrived, new fence is done, survived a major (well for Texas) snow/ice storm and now expecting another storm tonight. As soon as the ice/snow melts they will get started on the deck.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• stewart7795
    13 years ago

Where did you purchase your patio furniture? I'm currently suffering through sticker shock...

• partypond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OMG! We were floored by some of the stores in our area. We found a set in the clearance center at The Chair King (several locations in DFW). Their prices were much better on some of their stuff. Look at their ad online because they were offering free delivery and some good sales. HTH!!

• partypond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here are pics of the completed fence and equipment screen...

{{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• partypond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The deck crew has been very busy the last 2 days and now the deck is done!! I am so glad to get some of the mud covered up so maybe I will not have to bathe the dogs as often. After we plaster and fill the pool we will cover the desk with a spray texture.
    {{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• partypond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lots of little changes today!! Electrical is done, lights installed, equipment installed, pressure tested lines, pool power washed and slim in deep end removed (GROSS!!), all trash removed, yard graded and back fill dirt started. Builder said we should have plaster on MONDAY! yippee!!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• loweran
    13 years ago

You're almost there! I hoped we would be ready for plaster next week, but the way things are going it will be a week from Monday. We got a lot more stone work this week.

Your pool looks great. When did the builder say you could heat up that spa?

• partypond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

L - thanks! I am not sure about the hot tub yet. We are doing an acid bath for a week for the Quartzscape plaster.

Good luck on the stone work. We have just alittle stone left (flagstone caps on the raised beam steps) but I am hoping they show up today. Keep the pics coming.

• partypond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

We got plaster today!! Wow what a change that makes.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• partypond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

They also did an acid wash and we are now filling the pool. They will start the acid bath tomorrow so hopefully by the beginning of next week we will be starting chemicals.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• stewart7795
    13 years ago

That looks great. What color blue is that?

• partypond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The plaster is Quartzscapes Montego Bay. i am excited to see the water color after we are done. We are doing an acid bath for a couple of days so it will be awhile before water will be the real color. Right now it just looks cloudy.

• partypond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

A few things have happened in the last week. The acid bath is over and they are starting to get the water balanced. It was very dark (inky) with the acid and now it is green but clear so now I am looking forward to seeing the true color of the water. they did the sprinkler system and landscaping starts next week. They started the spray deck today and the deck mosic Texas star.

Full of water (16 hours - 15,500 gallons)
    {{!gwi}}

hot tub spillway
    {{!gwi}}

First lay of spray deck
    {{!gwi}}

Texas star on deck - will be stained to match the spillway stones
    {{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• msujohn
    12 years ago

That is a very nice looking pool. Does anyone else have any experience with this builder - Clear Tech? I am also in the Frisco area and looking for a builder

• friscopaul
    10 years ago

Frisco texas really a nice city. but their police is not good they tamper with evidence. please read and share this post as much as possible.

http://friscopaul.blogspot.com/2014/02/writ-of-habeas-frisco-police-department.html

Thanks
    Paul Bailey