Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lighting a baja bench or tanning ledge

Posted by tlvancouver (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 7, 13 at 17:39

We've just revised our plans and now have a large (8 by 20) tanning ledge and I'm curious how you light it? We have intellibrite LEDs going in the pool and spa.

I'm concerned about the ledge looking a different colour in the day and looking weird - anyone do a darker pebbletec on the ledge?

At night I'm not sure how others light their decks - it's not deep enough for an LED...

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lighting a baja bench or tanning ledge

How deep will the water be? Savi lights go into a return fitting so that is a possibility. Lighted bubblers could be used as well.

o

My ledge is 9" of water and it's not deep enough for lighting. Had this talk with my PB today. But my ledge is a different color anyway because it will all be glass tile. he told me most people just light from above so we will do some lighting around the tanning ledge.

o

Pentair just came out with a small LED light called GLOBright. It is an LED light to complement their Intellibrite lights. It is meant for shallow water applications with a low voltage transformer.

o

Pools94 nailed it....a great option for shallow water lighting that meets code and provides ample light. There are LV white options if color is not your thing.

o

Ironically my Pentair rep just walked in and dropped off new LED bubblers that can be ran with or without intellibrites and will sync with them.

o

I've been howling for those for a long time. I wonder if they got the landscape light varieties too.

Scott

o

Natural_one, do you know what they're called or have an approximate cost? The globrites are interesting - we're looking at between 6-9 inches so not sure if they'd work?

Friends of ours have a led strip lining the border of their tanning ledge which looks pretty slick in photos, not sure how it would look in person - have any of you seen that?

o

Scott- I thought I saw landscape lights 2 years ago at the show, no? Never carried them or installed them. I cant imagine colored landscpae lighting looking decent with the exception to Disneyland, haha.

tlvancouver- they are called a "colorcascade led light bubbler". Varying nozzle sizes and flow rates dependent on desired height and water depth.

o

The choice of land scape lighting is extremely limited.

Scott

o

If you are still looking at bids, and want a better finished product then the company you are looking at, give Natural one a shout.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here