Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
poolmissy

Evening Photos of Fire Features

poolmissy
15 years ago

Here are some night time shots I forgot to post earlier.

Can't wait for summer...the days are already starting to get longer minute by minute from here on out!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Pool Photos

Comments (22)

• piscespool
    15 years ago

Breathtaking!! So gorgeous...outstanding job you guys did. I think I remember that you ordered your fire bowls from Phoenix Precast, but I may be wrong. Could I ask if the shipping was outrageous? I'm considering changing to these (originally wanted these, but got another type). We're still under construction. Your pool was a real inspiration while I designed mine. Thank you for posting your pics. Congrats!!

• huskyridor
    15 years ago

Another set of AWESOME pics.

What a difference a week makes up in your neck of the woods, LOL!!!

See ya,
    Kelly

• jennifer_in_clyde
    15 years ago

Wow - that is gorgeous!!

• sharlanet
    15 years ago

Spectacular! I love your backdrop of trees! Those look like our summer pics with flowers all in bloom- where are you located? Right now we have 3-4 inches of snow & ice covering our pool. Seems like it will be forever until we can swim again. :(

• poolguynj
    15 years ago

When I saw the 1st few pix, I thought to myself:

1) I wish I did that
    2) Not exactly reducing the "Carbon Foot print"

until I saw the last picture and then I thought:

Hmm, there's my Green foot print.

• garden_graphic_gal
    15 years ago

Poolmissy, I just love what you did with your pool from the large baja shelf to the wonderful water/fire pits. GORGEOUS!!!!!!

• tatsuoinspringhill
    15 years ago

What was used to light the water features.

• sdkath
    15 years ago

Great pix too! It's a great idea to mix fire with water. LOL. I also love it when people put waterfalls behind firepits. It looks so cool as a contrast. Katherine

• piscespool
    15 years ago

Thank you for the info on the wok pot shipping from Phoenix Precast - I've looked at their website before. I'm sorry to keep bugging you about the details on these, but I may end up ordering two of these for my columns, too. Is it $300 per wok pot for shipping? Also, what size and color did you order? I may need the 36". Many thanks, poolmissy, for your help! These are pricy, but worth it in the long run as a permanent fixture..so I'm trying to decide whether to order these this year, and get a handle on the color choice, as they will be sight-unseen before I order.

• poolmissy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The shipping total was $300 for all 3 pots. If you have them shipped be sure to be there for the delivery and open them up and inspect them before the delivery driver leaves. I didn't do this and 2 of my pots were chipped in the shipping process.

Also, I suggest ording color chip samples before you select a color. I ordered what was suppose to be a tan color, but the true color was very pink. It didn't look nearly like the color on the website. However there are a lot of pink tones in my stones so they look just fine.

• piscespool
    15 years ago

Thank you for much for that info, Poolmissy. It helps me make a decision. I'll get chip samples before ordering. Enjoy your pool and fire bowls!!

• just-a-pb
    15 years ago

The tan has been coming in pink for quite a while. They dont seem to care though.

• piscespool
    15 years ago

Dang! So they don't really match the sample chips? Good to know, Poolmiss and just-a-pb. I'll have to be careful about ordering. Many thanks for the input!

• dt2004_earthlink_net
    15 years ago

HI please let me know:

1) how much did the fire bowls cost each? including all mechanisms, bowls, installation, gas line needed (if so, how many and is there another way around having a gas line?)

2) how do you get the water out of the column? some sort of pump? how much? how was the light installed? how much?

i am hiring a pool contractor and will show this to him, but i need to get approximate costs so i dont overpay.ind

if you don't mind, plz email me!

thanks

• poolmissy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The waterfeatures are Oasis Sheer Descents with Fiber Optics. Each Descent cost $500 and the fiber optic transformer was $500. $2k for the whole set up. I paid an electrician to hook them up, I think he charged about $100. He did have to use a heat gun to splice together the fiber optics.

The firepots were ordered from Phoenix Precast Products
    http://www.phoenixprecastproducts.com

The pots were $75.00 each and shipping all 3 to Seattle was $300.

The gas line was installed as part of the whole pool project so I don't have that part isolated from the whole cost.

The burner parts for the flame were ordered from www.fireplacestore.com. They are manually lit.

They run on a separate Pentair pump 1hp.

My pool contractor ran all the plumbing lines - there are 3 individual lines, to the pump. We finished the project ourselves. My husband built false boxes that we covered in Eldarado Stone.

Hope that helps.

• hudson_pool
    14 years ago

What size fire bowls from Phoenix Precast did you go with? Looks like maybe 30" bowls?

Also, what did you use as the cap-stone (or coping) on the top of each pedestal that the firebowl sits on? How did you attach the bowls to the cap-stone on the pedestal?

Thanks a lot!

• jparkfire
    14 years ago

Hot dogs and marshmellows...next

• faith2009
    14 years ago

I have been looking for fire pots and only found 2 on the internet but each pot costs about $1800. to $3995.00 I do not want to spend that much. They will be on colums simular to yours at the side of the pool. When I looked at the web site where you purchased yours it does not list fire pots or bowls. Did you order the planters? Have you had any problems with them cracking?

• just-a-pb
    14 years ago

Faith,
    Yes they are the planter pots. We use these all the time, just fill the bottom with small pebbles or sand, and put the fire ring just below the top so it wont make the pot hot. You then can cover it with a little glass ect.

• Sheryl28
    12 years ago

I love this look! I would like to add fire bowls on top of two small columns built into a retaining wall. At this point, running natural gas lines is not possible. Does anyone know a safe, effective way to create a fire bowl using portable propane tanks or fire gel?

• womanowned
    12 years ago

Gel fuel packs

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz