Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool Builders in Northern Virginia

Posted by madmbrown (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 3, 12 at 15:46

Does anyone know of a good, reputable pool builder in the Northern Virginia/Fredericksburg area, that has good service?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool Builders in Northern Virginia

I have been reading this forum for over a year and thought it time I joined/posted. We went round and round for over a year on this, interviewing many pool builders, mostly concrete/gunite. We opted for a Fiberglass pool, much to our surprise, because of the builder we found, Jason Hughes, River Pools. The pool was completed in December and we could not be more thrilled with the results, even though the real test will of course come this spring. We have been in the pool a couple of times however in November! Jason is very responsive, not pushy, met all deadlines, and the price was quite good. I found the overall price for the fiberglass pool was comparable to cement/gunite. But our research showed we would save significantly on maintenance over the years. We had many options we needed to make our pool work for us as a Fun exercise pool. They worked with us each step to be sure we got exactly what we wanted, within the price we wanted - It had to be Very Small for our tiny yard in Arlington Va, meet all the strict code requirements of Arlington, pool heater, swim in place jets, spa jets, fountain, lights, auto cover, patio. Good luck to you. The process is quite overwhelming at first I have to say. It is so worth it!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: River Pools and Spas

o

I would have thought a fiberglas pool would be quite less expensive than a gunite pool.
Anyhow, I am glad you found a good PB, and are satisfied.

o

We built a pool in Leesburg in 2007/2008. We talked with a number of builders and decided to use NVblu, out of Chantilly. They weren't the least expensive but their quotes were accurate and they built what they said they would. We moved from there early this spring but would use NVblu again. Best of luck, btw, our designer/consultant was Carrie, don't know if she is still with them but we liked working with her.

o

Please help...We are looking for a reputable pool company too! I have met 3 companies in person and 1 company online. Pool prices are all over the place, companies bashing one another, We are so disappointed in the process and feel the pool business a little shady. Please let me know if you have had a pool built and are happy with the product,process and company.
Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here