Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reprograming Easytouch

Posted by fwals (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 8, 11 at 15:27

I have an Easytouch 4 controlling and Intelliflo VS-3050. I have both solar and gas heat (Master Temp) that heats the spa. Pool and spa are on the same equipment and body of water.

I noticed yesterday my pool was cycling on and off every 15 minutes. I switched over to spa and it did the same as well. My clock was off by 3 hrs. from what it was originally programed. I reset the clock and date, reprogramed the schedule but it still keeps cycling on and off. I don't have a clue as to what caused this and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong if anything when I tried to reprogram. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reprograming Easytouch

Sounds like Freeze Protect is on.

Scott

o

It is but its not even close to freezing, its 50 degrees where I'm at.

o

Check the temp on the read out and see what it says. That sounds like freeze control taking over.

You can also try to press the reset button on the outside panel. This will reboot the computer, but no programming will be lost.

If the temp is not low, and the reset doesnt work and you have a spa side remote, turn the remote off and see if it continues. Sometimes a button gets stuck and can cause wierd things to happen.

Thats all I have.

o

It may be 50 degrees but perhaps you have a bad air sensor. If the sensor thinks it is in the 30's, it could be 100 degrees out and your freeze protect will kick in. Part # 520272 in the pipe generally between the pump and filter.

o

Well it wasn't the freeze control; I had turned it off and it still continued the on and off cycle. What I did do, and so far its not cycling, was reset the control panel. Don't know what caused this to happen but it seems fine now.

This is a great forum thanks to people like you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here