Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
timelinex

Best insert grill for around $2000

timelinex
10 years ago

So I know this is the pool forum, but there isn't a bbq island forum and a bbq island goes naturally with the pool/spa scene. I've seen a couple other bbq posts on here too.

Within a month, a contractor is coming by and building me a built in island so I have to decide on a grill pretty fast. I know nothing about grills, and all my past ones have been cheap $200 ones that worked just fine (until they stopped). So thats why I'm reaching out.

95% of the grilling will be for steaks/burgers and veggies 2 people. However I definitely want to be prepared for the occasional big cookout. I'm not looking for something 'cheap' but rather a good value and quality for the money.

I've seen one option as being the weber s-660. The only issue with it is that it comes with built in doors. I don't like the look of it, and would rather the contractor build in our own doors and siding. Also, it looks like its sells for a bit under 3k, even though I see it being mentioned all the time that people have bought it under 2k. I just can't seem to find anything like that.

Any recommendations?

Comments (8)