Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
which blue tile?

Posted by rockybird (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 30, 12 at 12:54

I am paralyzed with indecision. I'm putting in a 60 foot x 14 foot lap pool. The home is mid century modern and I kind of want a palm springs look. The coping in natural concrete. The decking and sidewalks that wrap around the house will be exposed aggregate, which is really pretty with lots of large rocks - looks like terrazo. The plaster is white. The water will pour off the hot tub into the pool. That wall faces the house and will be tiled. Whenever you look out the back of the house, which wraps around the pool and is all floor to ceiling glass, you will see this tile. It will be a focal point, so I dont want to mess it up. I was thinking about the mosaic below,from mod walls, but I am worried it will look too busy. What do you all think of the second tile (robin's egg blue) as opposed to the darker blue and the mosaic? THere are all shades of blue, so I can go darker or lighter than these. THanks for your thoughts and advice!

MOSAIC:

Photobucket

MOSAIC EXAMPLE:

Photobucket

MOSAIC AGAINST COPING:

Photobucket

ROBINS EGG BLUE:

Photobucket

ROBINS EGG BLUE AGAINST COPING WITH DARKER TILE ABOVE:

Photobucket

DARKER BLUE TILE:

Photobucket

POOL LOOK I LIKE:

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: which blue tile?

I vote for the mosaic...gorgeous!

o

Mosaic for sure! Love it!

o

Thank you! I just ordered the mosaic! :)

o

Congrats! It is going to look great.

o

I love the mosaic. It is going to look great. We're at that point now - looking at tile. I have to go with something more simple since our bond beam is so big and the flagstone is pretty busy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here