Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladoladi

Material for Waterfall Ledge

ladoladi
12 years ago

Hi folks:

We're resurfacing and retiling our pool and spa. The spa is raised with a glass block waterfall that overflows into the pool, very 80s/early 90s. Currently, the "ledge"--the flat, horizontal part of the waterfall--is a piece of standard marble like the kind you get at the big box store to put on windowsills. The white marble absolutely does not match the tile we will be using.

Not that it matches the tile that's currently there. Anyways, I would like to C-block the whole thing, run tile all over it, and be done with it. However, my SO is a fan of the Miami Vice glass block (especially because there's a light in the spa that shines through the glass and makes it all purdy)... so our question to all of you knowledgeable folks out there is what on earth do we put on top of the glass block?

* We don't like the standard marble strip.

* Our pool contractor said he could put tile over it or granite, but that sounds like it would look weird.

* He also said he could put a piece of granite over it, but I can't imagine a granite that would fit our pool, which has no other stonework and has a rather plain, grey Quikcrete (or something like that) deck.

* We spoke to our Silestone installers (different project) and they do not install Silestone in direct sunlight as the polymer or whatever ends up degrading and losing its color.

Are there any other alternatives we don't know about, or do I need to suck it up and look for a granite that will sort of, hopefully match?

Thanks!

Comments (2)