poolguynj
13 years ago

Post if you want something checked on.

Scott

Comments (11)

• Rack Etear
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I'd like to know why the East Coast show is not in Orlando.

• sceadu
    13 years ago

Scott,

I would like to see the Structure Studios area. I heard that they have one of my designs up. Do you have a camera?

• poolguynj
    Original Author
    13 years ago

racket, Florida has their own for the South East. This is the North East's show.

Chris, I didn't get to see this until too late. If I can get down there today, I will make it a point to get there.

Scott

• trhought
    13 years ago

poolguy...no specific questions...I would be interested in any new products being displayed by the Big 3 if you get a chance to post a summary after the show. Also, anything else that is trendy, new or just plain cool.

Even better yet...tweet during the show...this would be a cool way to inform those interested who can not attend and allow interaction via twitter.

• poolguynj
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Alas, didn't get to go today. Iced in and it closed today @ 2 pm.

I didn't make it to the Jandy/Zodiac booth for more than a few minutes but didn't see anything really new, just the touch panel.

Hayward and Pentair had a couple new bigger valves for the filters which I thought was a small step since the filter insides for the non-commercial gear is still 2". It was nice to see Pentair did away with the rubber gaskets in their 2 and 3 way valves and are using teflon.

Hayward was touting the addition of the SVRS in their variable speed pump, and started accepting entries for a drawing with the grand prize of an F-150XLT pickup with a HAYWARD wrap. Selling a Super Pump (over 3 million sold) gets you another entry in the drawing.

Pentair's changing the main cabinet for EasyTouch and IntelliTouch so it's the same load center.

IntelliChem is coming. Single and dual pump with tanks and color coded hoses. It has some issues but since it isn't released yet, I would prefer to keep what I perceive as the potential problematic issues between me and Pentair for now.

I spent some time at Praher. That was influenced by racket. Glad I took the time.

Delta UV came out with a line specifically for residential pools.

Anderson redid their liner leak locater head that senses which side of the wand a leak is. This helps when there are multiple holes close to each other.

I spoke Little Giant's about why I don't use their 8 sided, big, blue, cover. It's too heavy and too big. I love the 500ACP for a step pump but as a cover pump, it has no stability. Make a detachable wide base for the 500 and they'd have a winner, small size, dual use. Until that happens, I'll stick with the Rule for the cover and the LG 500ACP for the step when I winterize a tiled pool with a solid safety cover.

Wet Edge is going to be very aggressive against PT in my area. I found out where the team I used to use went. I am a very happy camper. I wasn't overly impressed with the people I was essentially forced towards last year. The team this year is very familiar and very, very good.

I met the owner of a company that puts 60 mil liners on existing pools. I suppose if you are a commercial pool operator and want to stop draining/repainting every year, his product might not be a bad thing. They build and seam the liner on site. In the winter, cover the pool with a safety cover and the liner will last 10 to 15 years. Nice margin too. I might look at it. 60 Mil though. That is thick!

Also on the liner front, I saw an after market steel step system for liners pools that have no steps. They also make liners so it theoretically, it should fit.

Fire bowls are going to be big out this way this year. I saw a copper one I really liked with a scupper built in.

I saw a drill bit that grinds the socket portion off the outside of a pipe. Comes in 1.5 and 2 inch.

The Pool Cleaner now comes in a pressure side and is convertible to suction side (super simple). It uses a basket instead of a bag. I told the man (the owner? German accent) at the booth that I thought the basket's openings were too big. Little stuff is going to get through.

I wish I could have made it down today.

• Rack Etear
    13 years ago

"I spent some time at Praher. That was influenced by racket. Glad I took the time."

They have the best ball valves for under $20.00 Their 2" ones run something like $13.

"Delta UV came out with a line specifically for residential pools."

I'm not a big fan of delta stuff it tends to self destruct very quickly. If you are interested in UV ( which I see as one of the most remarkable addition to sanitizing systems in the last 20+ years) I'd look at Aquaultraviolet.com

• trhought
    13 years ago

poolguy....Thanks for sharing the details of the show...nice work and informative.

The drill bit that grinds the socket portion of PVC pipe has given me an idea to get around a plumbing challenge I've been thinking about tackling...Thanks.

• landa_mac
    13 years ago

Pentair has used teflon in their 1.5" and 2" valves for the last decade...

See the brochure: http://pentairpool.com/pdfs/valvesDS.pdf

• Rack Etear
    13 years ago

I was thinking the same thing Landa, but wasn't entirely sure about the composition. It also has been longer than a decade.

• poolguynj
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I used some a few years ago that had the rubber. I have no problems using them over Jandy if the cost less.

Scott

• texsun_fun
    13 years ago

Any sign of the Jandy smartphone interface?