Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Should an Intelliflo be bolted down?

Posted by kitamiman (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 16, 11 at 9:12

I guess this is a no brainer to pool pros, but is it necessary to bolt an Intelliflo down to the concrete pad? Oddly, the manual is no help.

Also, would it be an idea to put something like a sheet of neoprene under the pump, or is it best straight on the concrete?

As always, thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Should an Intelliflo be bolted down?

Personally and professionally, I hate it when any pumps are bolted down. It just makes servicing more difficult.

I do have one exception and that is pool sweep booster when they use the flex hose they come with. Any vibration is audible.

Scott

o
RE: Should an Intelliflo be bolted down?

Thanks again Scott!

Will skip the bolts. After racking my brains as to what to use that I can get here I have decided to set each pump on a thick (0.2") mouse pad! $5, and should do the job.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here