Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
howecollc

Waterway Monster Jet nozzle question

howecollc
11 years ago

I just received some Waterway Poly Jet Monster Jet internals in the mail, which I had intended to experiment with and decide whether I wanted to use the 7/16" or 1/2" orifice jets in my hot tub. Having never seen any before ordering them, I had assumed that the orifice "nozzle" would be held in place by pressure after tightening the insert down into one of my 210-5880 Poly Jet bodies. I thought I would be able to switch out the various sized nozzles until I decided which I preferred. However, it turns out that nothing holds the nozzle into place (it doesn't bottom out into anything within the jet body after you tighten the insert into the body; it's just free to fall out backwards and roll around in the space between the insert and the water inlet at the back of the jet body).

So I'm assuming that the installer is supposed to choose the size nozzle he wants to use out of the four included, then glue it into the back of the insert (thereby eliminating the option of changing nozzle sizes in the future). If this is indeed the case, what type of glue are you supposed to use (cyanoacrylate, PVC cement, urethane)? I haven't tried them out yet as I don't have the tub ready. The nozzles may stay in place unglued long enough for me to evaluate how the different sizes perform, or they may work their way out of where they seat in the insert the minute the water pressure hits them; I'll find out soon enough.

So has anyone used these Monster Jets, and if so, how did you glue the nozzles? Thanks in advance for any help.

Here is a link that might be useful: Waterway Poly Jet Monster Jet Internal

Comments (3)

Sponsored
COLAO & PETER Luxury Outdoor Living
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
VA, MD, and DC's Award-Winning Custom Pool Builders | Best of Houzz