Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
freeze protection

Posted by mitchcarnie (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 18, 06 at 11:05

Here in Northern California we have had a couple days of temps below 33 degrees and so our freeze protection has kicked in and so everything turns on- the filter pump the waterfall pump and the pressure side cleaner booster pump. The forecast says we will have this weather for at least another week which will not please me when I get the electric bill. I was wondering in anyone knows if you also have to run your pressure side cleaner booster pump during these times? I know that with the regular pump water circulates through the cleaner and the booster just gives it a boost. Will it hurt the booster pump and/or plumbing if don't let it run during freezing temps? It does already run 2 hours every night so it probably would not freeze solid. In addition the water temp is still 50 degrees. Anyone know the answer?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: freeze protection

I wondered the very same thing..and well on my remote the guys had initially set my cleaner up on freeze protect..so I took it off and have had no problems...I asked my pool guy first of course..but it was running my polaris out staying on three and four days at a time...so I hope that helps...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here