Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ima_chihuahua

Decking is done...husband almost in tears!

ima_chihuahua
15 years ago

We had our decking poured on Monday and the guys did an amazing job. I am very happy with how it turned out. Unfortunately, my DH feels differently.

He didn't want to upset me so he kept quiet but after 2 nights of not being able to sleep, he had to vent so he told me that when he looks at it he gets "sick to his stomach" because of how much decking there is and the fact that it is only brushed cement as opposed to something fancier.

We just didn't have enough money to upgrade the decking so we agreed that plain cement would be fine. Once he saw it, he was horrified. I, on the other hand, am making lemonade from this lemon. I think it looks fine and next year when we get some umbrellas and a conversation area plus some lounge chairs and major landscaping, it will all come together.

I guess it doesn't help that there is no water in the pool yet. It looks like one humongous, white parking lot in my yard.

Anyway, I talked him down from the ledge and convinced him that it will all be okay. Here are 2 photos that he managed to take before he fainted. I am going to take my own and post them tomorrow but let me know what you all think. Thanks for listening!

Sherri

Comments (3)