Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rwest_gw

Rob & Lorna's Pool

rwest
18 years ago

I had a thread here in the gallery but is has dropped off. I took some updated pictures and thought I would share.
Free-Form 36Lx16W

7 Foot Deep End Depth

3 Feet 5 inch Shallow End Depth

Natural Slide in slope

Waterfall in slope

Built in BBQ Island

18" Raised Bond Beam - 3 Rivers Flagstone

In Ground Spa 24" Raised Spa w/ 10 Hydro Jets with stacked stone spillway

Reef Shelf/Baja Entry with (2) Umbrella Sleeves (18 Inches deep) (returns to ensure flow)

Accent Boulders Around Pool (1 Jump Rock)

6" Water Line Tile - NPTG Tuscany Pietra Azul

NPTG StoneScapes Mini Pebble - Midnight Blue

Stamped Concrete Decking - rafco brickform "Sandstone" for the color hardener (first color put down) and rafco brickform "Desert Tan" as the release color - Not Sealed (Sealing this winter)
Three Rivers Flagstone on Raised Bond Beam and Spa Spillover

Rolled pour-in-place Coping - Sandstone Color

1 Skimmers

2 Anti-Vortex Main Drains

Jandy Aqualink RS8 One-Touch w/ spa side remote

Raypak RP2100 405,000 BTU Pool & Spa Heater

Pentair Wisperflow (1) 1HP Filter pump (1) 1HP Booster pump (1) 1.0HP Waterfall/Slide Pump

Pentair 60 sq. DE filter

Hayward Navigator (Gator) Automatic Pool Cleaner

Here is a link that might be useful: Rob & Lorna's Pool Process

Comments (13)

• snookums
    18 years ago

Gorgeous!!

• mjgiebels
    18 years ago

LOVE IT!! Question though - what is NPTG StoneScapes Mini Pebble?? We're going with SunStone Pearl and are trying to decide on a color - have you heard of that co? Do you like the finish you have (texture wise)?? LOVE the oasis!

• rwest
    Original Author
    18 years ago

MJGiebels,

StoneScapes is a mini pebble finish similar to Pebble Sheen. I have heard of Sunstone Pearl. It too is a aggregate finish. I think the only difference is that is is mixed with Portland cement (white) vs. colored plaster. All these alternative finishes use either stone aggregate or quartz to add texture, color and stability over standard plaster.

The key is to see them in person and trust the installer. If you have access to Pebble Tech or Pebble Sheen, I would prefer them over any finish. Our builder's plaster sub only did Stonescapes so we went that route. We love the look and texture.

The only thing I may have changed was to put small tiles on the spa seat. The pebble finish pulls the hair on my legs a bit.

Rob

Here is a link that might be useful: NPTG StoneScapes

• eimea
    18 years ago

Love this picture...

Looks like the kids are keeping the installer in line. I wouldn't mess around with two kids eager to swim!

Aimee

• rwest
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Aimee,

LOL,,,if you need a good construction supervisor, I have two. They were tough. They pointed out every little problem but they were also the first to bring out drinks and snacks to the crews who were working very hard................

well except this guy..no treats for him

Rob

• Mel2001
    18 years ago

Rob: You took the best photos during your pool project! They are great--especially the "Sleeping on the Job" one!

I gotta ask, though: How much did Coca-Cola pay you for that "product placement" in the "Two Supervisors" photo...?!? So *that's* how you paid for your pool! ;-D
    J/K!

-Melissa

• Mel2001
    18 years ago

I forgot to ask in the above post, so I'll add this PS:

Where's Waldo?!? Did (s)he/they [didn't you have two rubber snakes?] survive the entire pool project? I remember you saying that the workers threw one over the neighbors's fence.

-Melissa

• rwest
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Mel,

You are too funny. I tried to get Coca Cola to subsidize but they declined.

Waldo #1 is alive an well. He is being a bit overgrown in a planter but makes an appearance at pool parties. I am afraid that Waldo #2 was sacraficed. We placed him on our roof in an attempt to scare away the birds nesting on the roof. I think they were convinced he was real but rather than fly away, they took Waldo #2 far, far away.

Rob

• afnajs
    18 years ago

Rob,

Your pool is as fantastic as I remember and I love the cascade from the Spa...

The frog lamp w/ umbrella looked so familiar that I had to go check that ours was still there! :-) Unbelievable how much light that lamp puts out.

best,
    jeff

• rwest
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Jeff,

My wife and I disagreed on lighting quite a bit. She thought less was more. I showed her your pool and she agreed, the more the better. She liked two of the fixtures you used so much, we got them. One was the frog umbrella and the other was the pine cone lights. I still wish I put more in.

They also say that impersonation is the best form of flattery. We also stamped our decking and used the same color as yours. We had a really bad case of efflorescense and have waited to seal it until it cools down. We love the look and can't wait to see it sealed.

Rob

• mitchcarnie
    18 years ago

Again, I love your pool and stole a bunch of your ideas!

• BahamaMama
    18 years ago

Beautiful pool! We're new to the gallery....What's the color of your mini pebble? I especially loved the color of your water. I'm leaning toward prism-blue (knock off copy from Kerber Brothers). Thanks!

• rwest
    Original Author
    18 years ago

BahamaMama,

Thanks for the nice words.

Our finish is Midnight Blue mini pebble from NPTG Stonescapes line of aggregate finishes.

Rob