Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scrappydawg

Finally Done!

scrappydawg
18 years ago

.....except the landscaping. I'll post more pictures in a few weeks when that step's done. Until then, I'd love any comments, feedback, etc. We'll be swimming this weekend!

Comments (10)

• padrefan
    18 years ago

Beautiful! Here's to warm days in the pool and cool nights in the spa and by the firepit! Congratulations!

• mikeinfolsom
    18 years ago

Looks great! Congrats. I like your stone work.

-Mike

• Mel2001
    18 years ago

Wow--it's beautiful! The pool finish/water goes great with the stonework! Have fun swimming this weekend, and don't forget to take some "first jump in" photos!

BTW: Is that a house-to-fence shade cover in your neighbor's yard (in the last photo)? Interesting...!

-Melissa

• scrappydawg
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Mel2001,

Yes, our neighbors patio cover does go out nearly to their back fence.

Thanks for the compliments on the pool!

• AZAmber
    18 years ago

What a gorgeous pool! I'm doing some rock facing on my raised spa---I love the rock you chose and the way you continued it on your raised wall. Lovely!

• huskyrider
    18 years ago

Looks great!!! I love the look of stone on a raised beam over the waterline tile.
    The only feedback, as a builder, I could offer is to see if you've got room on the side of the house to relocate your AC condensing units. It'll make a big difference in both look and poolside ambiance if you don't have to see or hear them when your enjoying yourself by the pool.
    Thanks for supporting the industry with your purchase.

See Ya,
    Kelly

• scrappydawg
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks, Kelly.

Unfortunately we don't have room on the side of the house for the AC units. That's our one disappointment. My wife's already said that the AC has to be turned off while she's in the pool!

• MsGhost
    18 years ago

How pretty!! What color/kind of stone and tile did you use? It all goes together so well! Is it a dry stack application of the raised stone? I love that look, but some people have discouraged me that it encourages bugs (we live in a rural area with lots of spiders and scorpions!). If yours isn't a dry stack, it is a great look to achieve that feeling while still using grout! Can you enlighten me??

• gaylek
    18 years ago

Great looking! The stone colors blend so well with your home and its surroundings! Looks wonderful! Congratulations!
    Gayle

• Mel2001
    18 years ago

Scrappy: Any new photos to share? Don't you have that cute bulldog (Guiness)??

MsGhost: We live in a rural area (Ramona, in NE San Diego County, CA) and get lots of spiders/scorpions/snakes/mice, etc. and have Three River Rock flagstone coping. I say build your pool the way *you* want it. Yes, we get bugs in the pool (found a scorpion--dead--on the step onto our baja shelf while doing a morning pool check), but you just learn to really look at your pool. One of my neighbors was doing her morning pool check (to see if any critters had fallen in or were in the skimmer basket) and heard a slithering sound. There was a baby rattlesnake trying to slither out of the pool--couldn't do it, of course, so her DH had to use the pool net to scoop the snake out.

-Melissa