Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
coping

Posted by Carlsbad (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 17, 05 at 13:20

Well we had the rocks delivered today and the coping and bond beam installation is coming along. Here is our progress to date, 60 days into the project from "dig date":

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: coping

LOVE the coping and bond beam! Looks amazing!

Aimee

o

Thanks Aimee. Its starting to take shape and looking forward to seeing how it all will turn out once completed

o

I love the modern look of how your stone was done. Beautiful!

o

Wow, that stone is awesome!

o

Love the geometric look in the stonework, very cool!

o

Looks great! I, too, think they're doing a great job with your stone work.

o

Thanks everyone. The photos I posted were right after the rocks were lifted over the wall by a crane. They are still being moved around and have yet to all be cemented into their final placements. I am hoping it ends up looking awesome.

I was quite bummed tonight when I arrived home after dark to find one of the boulders lying on the bottom of the pool. I presume it got away from the sub-contractor/mason and fell 6 to 8 feet onto to the gunite.

Considering these bolders probably weigh around 300 pounds or more, I am concerned the impact might have caused damage. Non visible to the eye thus far but it was dark and I really could not see that well. There could be damage below where it impacted. Not sure how tough gunite is to withstand these kinds of impacts. Anyone know? Presume this is not good:(

o

o

Someone emailed me asking what happened to the photos. Not sure so I will post again

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here