Houzz Logo Print

Comments (26)

• mitchcarnie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Opps

• padrefan
    18 years ago

Love it! Especially your baja step. Congratulations on a job very well done. Now sit back, have a drink and enjoy!
    Carol

• tardzilla
    18 years ago

Looks nice! Congrats! What's up with that piece of white lattice on the top?

• mitchcarnie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

It serves as a barrier so kids can't fall off the slide and will also be used for our climbing flowering vines that will weave through it and display small white flowers on it and around the waterfalls.

• mitchcarnie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Special thanks to Anna at Mid Walley for picking out the rock colors.

• mpa_in_SoCal
    18 years ago

Beautiful! The rock work is gorgeous: the Baja shelf came out great, the stone colors look even richer underwater.
    I love the little kokopeli guy - it's a nice subtle accent.

I second Carol's "now sit back and have a drink". :)

Cheers,
    Marie

• rocky_CA
    18 years ago

Mitch,

Everything came out perfect. What beautiful rock work! The slide looks fun. I forget. Did you go with tahoe? Was it sheen or pebble? The color looks a little lighter and greener than tahoe. Maybe just the way the sun is shining on it. Now enjoy! Still plenty of warm weather left.

• angs_pool
    18 years ago

Congratulations!! Your pool looks great, I love your slide!!

Enjoy every minute!!
    Angie

• mitchcarnie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

We went with Blue Granite. The pictures are the 1st day the pool was filled. It looks a little different now- more blue. We get landscaping tomorrow and also solar so I will post more pictures then so you can see the difference. I was real concerned that you would not be able to see clearly underwater with the darker granite with shells, however you can see the bottom perfectly now. We love the color.

Stats,

20 by 36
    4 ft to 8 ft.
    lizard, fish and Kokopeli mosiacs
    All Hayward equipment
    1 1/2 HP for filter
    2 hp waterfalls
    2 three HP pumps for the swim jets
    520 cartridge filter
    Booster pump, viper pool sweep,
    97% coverage Heliocoil solar 540 Square Feet surface area
    3 colorlogic lights and 1 spa light on the baja step
    Buckskin quartz rock on baja and at tile line
    Golden Spendar tumbled quartzite for coping
    32 tons of Bouquet Canyon boulders for 4 waterfalls
    Rock waterslide with sheer descent
    Cave
    BC firepit
    4 rock speakers
    Goldine Saltwater Chlorinator
    Ozonator
    Gldline PS 8 with remote
    600 sq. ft of colored sunset rose broom finished decking
    Rock border around perimeter of concrete

I think that is all.

• soggy6
    18 years ago

Wow! That baja shelf is so beautiful. The whole pool is beautiful! I'd love to see the pictures after landscape goes in. Great job!

Soggy

• mitchcarnie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Just had three guys put in most of the landscaping and sod while I was at work today. It is so nice to come home and have it all done! Just have some finishing touches this weekend and will post some more pics.

• rheddhedd
    18 years ago

certainly worth the wait...it is beautiful!
    Look forward to seeing the landscaping. Enjoy
    Sally

• tubaruba
    18 years ago

Mitchcarnie

Can you post some more pictures? We are leaning towards Blue Granite and would love to see how your pool looks a month later.

Great pool and Thanks!!!

• Philanna
    18 years ago

Mitchcarnie, Yeah what TubaRuba says! And does Blue Granite have shells? Or did they add them after?

• Philanna
    18 years ago

Mitchcarnie, I read an old post, so now i know the shells were added. How many bags of shells did they use? Did they mix them with the blue granite or just put them in after? Also I would love to see pictures of pool, now that some time has past.

• mitchcarnie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I'll try to post more tomorrow. They added about a quart of shells and just hand seeded them. Threw them on top of the pebbletec and then trowled them into the surface. It took them a good amount of time to do the whole handseeding work, maybe an hour or two.

• mitchcarnie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

• Philanna
    18 years ago

Love the shells!!! Your pool looks great, so very pretty. What size is your baja step?

• mitchcarnie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Our baja is 16 feet by 6 feet. Where the first step is(right in the middle of the baja) it is only 4 feet deep. So the biggest side is 10 by 6. It is big enough for a lounge chair. We like the size.

• carlsbad
    18 years ago

Was just checking out your pool. It's quite beautiful. In your specs you mentioned you have 4 rock speakers. Do you have any close up pictures? Curious to see how they blended in with your rock work. Is the stereo equipment inside or out? We received varied opinions on hooking up to our inside equipment versus going with a seperate outside system. How did you approach this part of your project?

• mitchcarnie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I have a screen room (patio) where my stereo will live. Right now it is outside under an awning. It is an older amplifier and cd player that we had laying around the garage, but still puts out decent sound. The rock speakers were from Costco and I painted them with rust and black paint to match. A friend had a hard time finding them when he visited. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow of the speakers. We used low voltage lighting wire under the decking before the concrete pour for the speaker wire. Waterproof, can be buried, cheaper and sounds great. Just ran one wire per side of pool and then wired in series two per side.

• mitchcarnie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

You can see speakers on both sides of the pool on one picture. Hope this helps. When my landscaping grows up you will not even be able to see the speakers.

• gaylek
    18 years ago

Wonderful pool! Really like all the waterfalls and how they are incorporated naturally around the pool! The slide is awesome! You have done a fantastic job of incorporating the rocks naturally into your landscaping and pool. Like how the rocks serve as a retaining wall and divider between deckings! In the first photo of your last post, is that steps from rocks on the right? Very creative if it is !
    Are you going to paint the lattice like you did the speakers( that I can't tell where they are)? I think painting the lattice would make it blend like the speakers! You didn't ask for MO at all, but that was a thought I had when looking for the speakers!!!
    Great job!!!Awesome!!Know you are enjoying the pool!
    Gayle

• rheddhedd
    18 years ago

That's great! I can't tell which rocks are rocks and which rocks rock (and roll!)
    =D

• mitchcarnie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

That's a great idea on painting the lattice! I still have lots of spray paint too. Vines will grow on it by summer, but the bare spots will blend nicely if painted. I'll take a picture once it is done and post it. Also want to stain the fence. I love all the suggestions since you all look at the project with new eyes.

It is a combo planter, steps and retaining wall on the right and retaining wall planter on the left side Gayle.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler