Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cjmdwyer

AZ pool in progress (kind of.........)

CJMDWYER
18 years ago

Seems like it's taking forever. Dig was August 2nd, still wating for gunite......................

Comments (22)

• azbabs
    18 years ago

Wow, that looks great and really deep! What are your depths?

• CJMDWYER
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Not really deep, only 3.5 to 6.5 is all. The one picture is taken from a balcony on the back of the house, and the back of the pool is raised so that might make it look deeper than it is.........

• CJMDWYER
    Original Author
    18 years ago

gunite pics............

• CJMDWYER
    Original Author
    18 years ago

WATER PICS, NO DECK YET...........

• rheddhedd
    18 years ago

Wow! You've got water in less than 2 months?!!! That's impressive.
    What part of AZ and who's your builder?
    Sally
    btw....great looking pool - love the turtle. :-D

• AZAmber
    18 years ago

It really does look great. I meant to ask you which tile you used. (Manufacturer and name.)

• gaylek
    18 years ago

Love blue! What more do I say! Great pool!Congratulations!Love the mosaics! Great touch that they add!
    Gayle

• CJMDWYER
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I will have to look up the tile info. We just wanted alot of blue! Caribbean Pools was our builder and we live in Gilbert. Our deck just got finished on friday so now it doesn't look like a sidewalk any more. We are going to ad pavers in areas to add to the deck space. A firepit will go in the bulge toward the fence. We have alot of work to do now..........................

• AZAmber
    18 years ago

It really looks great. I was just curious because I chose one called Blue China by Noble Tile. The photo on their website doesn't look anything like it in person. (It looks more like the photo of the Peacock Blue.) At first I was concerned the tile was too dark for the brighter aqua color, but seeing your darker blue tile w/ it, I can see how well it works together. I already have an existing kiva and BBQ area that we put in about 4 years ago and the BBQ counter and kiva banco are tiled, so I had to coordinate my pool tile w/ that. The tile I chose for the pool looks like stone/slate w/ the terra cotta and beige tones of my existing kiva/BBQ tile, but has a lot of blue in it, too. Again, well done!

• AZAmber
    18 years ago

Meant to add a link to the tile. Again, the Blue China tile actually looks closer to the photo of the Peacocock tile in person. It is not as dark and gray as it appears on the website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pool tile

• CJMDWYER
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Now with decking..............but no landscaping.

• kristenfl
    18 years ago

I love your pool!

What color is your Spraycrete? I chose Oyster and am wondering if it was the right choice. Your's is a great color!

Kristen

• AZAmber
    18 years ago

I love that color, too. I chose one called "Tea & Cream" that looks like it might be similar.

• CJMDWYER
    Original Author
    18 years ago

If you mean the acrylic deck, it's called "sierra peak". I know this because they left me a can for touch ups. I am meeting with the landscaper tomorrow! I can't wait to get rid of the "dirt look"

• jumpinjack
    18 years ago

Nice pool,

Is the infloor system working well for you? Which one did u get?

• CJMDWYER
    Original Author
    18 years ago

It's the Polaris Caretaker system with the "leaf trapper". I have had to do like next to nothing as far a cleaning this pool, and there are trees and now bushes as well since I did the landscaping. Can complain about the in-floor, it has been great!

• natural1
    18 years ago

any concern with having a white umbrella sleeve? that would drive me crazy.

• CJMDWYER
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Great, now I am going to sit up at night and worry about this..............................

yeah right...

• jdstan
    18 years ago

What is your interior pool finish I like it.

• calmom
    17 years ago

What color is your bottom finish?

• bluewatersplash
    10 years ago

That is a great design. What is the dept?

Here is a link that might be useful: Blue Water Splash

• bluewatersplash
    10 years ago

Moving along what do you plan to do with the wall? Check out my site for ideas

Here is a link that might be useful: About Us