Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
queensfull

Pictures of our finished pool

queensfull
18 years ago

Our pool construction started last year in October and was completed in April/May. I found this site this Spring and have enjoyed reading and looking at everyone's pool. I finally decided to share some pictures of ours. I'll be happy to answer any questions.

20X40 Gunite Pool with Attached Spa

Stone Coping

Tile

Artificial Rock

Rico Rock Waterfall

SAM/SAL lights

Comments (18)

• missyme23
    18 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous, you did a great job!! Okay, so my
    questions are:

What did you use for your decking, is that colored stamped or salt, and what color?

What did you use for the pool finish?

• queensfull
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the compliments. The decking is spray deck painted with almond concrete paint. We used a white plaster with an additive to prevent staining/discoloration for our pool finish. I love the smooth finish and the colors of the lights look so pretty against the white.

• missyme23
    18 years ago

Am I understanding correct that you sprayed the entire deck with an almond concrete paint? Is it stamped at all, or just regular basic poured concrete... I really like whatever that look is. And I'm kinda feeling the same way, regarding your pool finish, I know pebbletec or pebblesheen is so very popular, but I kinda like the white finish look.

• queensfull
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Spray deck is the process used for the decking. I'm not sure if that is the correct term for it, althogh that is what our contractor called it. What he did was after the "regular basic" concrete was poured and cured for a week or so, he went over that with a machine that sort of splattered a concrete mixture on top of that and then it was gently troweled, giving it the textured look. Then it was painted with concrete paint. I don't recall the "brand" of paint, except that it was a stain specifically for concrete decking and the color was called almond.

Regarding the finish again, yes, I know pebbletec/sheen are so "in" right now, but I just didn't like the feel of it. Our pool guy took us to some of his other pools that had those finishes, and even though I thought they were pretty, I prefered a smooth finish for my delicate tootsies!

• queensfull
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I wanted to add that the color of the decking matches the color of the grout used in the stone coping. We originally had the deck a lighter color (actually just the lower level) and decided that the color wasn't right. So we went with the darker color and it made a world of difference. I think I have some pics of the other color...I could post it if you'd like to see. We also really like how the decking turned out. The sun creates a neat shadowy effect that makes the texture of it more prominent. Thanks again for your kind words.

• camermom
    18 years ago

Very, very nice! We are also probably going to go with white plaster, maybe with 3M Quartz mixed in. I love the look of the white with your pool and with the rocks. Makes me feel more confident about going with the white plaster.

• missyme23
    18 years ago

Yes I'd love to see the pics you have of the color!

Thanks! =)

• mitchcarnie
    18 years ago

Beautiful! Some of the best artifical rocks I have seen. Could we get a closeup of the waterfall?

• chiefneil
    18 years ago

Great pool! The flowers and landscaping really add a lot to the overall feel of the yard.

• angs_pool
    18 years ago

Wow!! Your builder did a great job on the rock, I agree with Mitch, those are some of the best I've seen also! Your pool and yard look great!

Hope your enjoying it!
    Angie

• laurie_s
    18 years ago

Wow, I would NEVER leave home!

• swimfans
    18 years ago

Bump.... Such a great pool to look at.

• Poolbound
    18 years ago

Queensfull- I recall that you are in Missouri as well. Will you be able to put a safety cover over the pool for winter? I am wondering how it will fit with all the rock work you have. It looks beautiful though. What company did you use?

• queensfull
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I haven't checked in here for quite a few months, but thought I'd take a peek again, since it's THAT time of the year to enjoy our pools again! To answer Poolbound's question, we used a tarp covering over the winter, which worked great. The pool was surprisingly really clean when it came off. Now if it would just warm up some so we'd feel like swimming!

Oh, and we used Aqua Pools to build our pool. We're very, very pleased. He was by far, the most creative builder that we interviewed.

• burgos
    17 years ago

Looks great! We are also going with white plaster what is the size of your waterfall?

• queensfull
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Burgos, the waterfall is about 4 feet high and 14 feet wide, including the boulders on each side.

• diamondgirl_2006
    17 years ago

Hi Queensfull, beautiful pool. Can you tell me, what is your waterline tile? Looks great with the rock and white plaster pool. Thanks!

• diamondgirl_2006
    17 years ago

Also, where did you get the red umbrellas? Thanks