Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ClearH2O's Pool

Posted by ClearH2O (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 29, 05 at 12:21

I had posted a few pictures of my pool when this forum first got the gallery ... guess it has fallen off ... I made a promise I'd put them back so here they are:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ClearH2O's Pool

Thanks! It's been decided. I'm loving the Prism Blue.

o

Thanks for posting these so quickly! I love it! Your pool turned out beautiful.

o

Shaun,

What color is your concrete decking?

Aimee

o

Shaun,

It's still beautiful. I'm sure you're enjoying yours as much as we are enjoying ours!

Janna

o

Very nice! Your BC inspired me to use it too.

o

The decking is San Diego Buff. Thanks for all of the compliments everyone!!

Shaun

o

What is the name of your waterline tile? Do you have a closser shot of it? Thanks in advance.

o

I don't have a closer shot of it but I believe it is by National Tile and is called Cobalt.

You are having your pool done by Aqua right?

Ask them to look up my file ...

Shaun Clearwater (Elk Grove, CA)

It will be in there for sure.

Take care, let me know if you have any other questions!

Shaun

o

Shaun,
Your decking looks great!! What type of release did you use? Was it a colored? If so, what color release did you use? What type of sealer did you use?

I was thinking of using the same seamless stamp on my deck. Is your deck too slippery when it is wet?

I noticed some posts say that acid washing is required. Have you done this? Or is pressure washing enough for cleaning,

Once again your deck looks great!

Thanks,
Alex

o

Hi Alex,

They used a clear release ... no color. I did not seal the concrete because I didn't want to add a yearly maintanence job to my list ... would look good but I don't want to deal with it every year.

It is not too slippery when wet, much better than broom finish. If you think it is too slippery you can always seal it and put a product called SharkBite (very fine grannuals of silica sand to provide traction) or something like it.

There are some areas that have eflorecense ... not much I can do about it now ... would have needed to seal it right away. I've gotten over it though ... in an ideal world it would have a uniform color but oh well :)

Take it easy,

Shaun

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here