Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help! bidding pool around cover!

Posted by robert1312 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 08 at 2:00

We are in the process of having a pool designed for our back yard and because of space limitations our pool builder is suggesting a free form pool.

He's come up with a beautiful concept for the project but we are vey concerned that going with the free form style obviously eliminates our choice to install an auto cover.

Our children are older (above 10) but we do have dogs.

It doesn't seem to be realistic to expect to remove a standard hook style pool cover every time we want to use the pool as all of the information I have read states a minimum of 15 minutes on/15 minutes off process, although the winter style would work well in our climate.

I realize that as an option an exposed track system, similar to covers installed post pool construction, is an option, but it seems fairly obvious that anything "above grade" is a trip hazard and aesthetically unappealling.

Any input on the matter would be greatly appreciated as our project is on hold until we can feel comfortable with a cover solution.

Thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help! bidding pool around cover!

Uh, no it doesn't. There are always ways, even with a free form pool.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here